OnCor Salisbury Steaks  » Food  »
  • OnCor Salisbury Steaks are one of my favorite easy-to-cook dishes

• by Lorianna
      OnCor Salisbury Steaks are one of my favorite easy-to-cook dishes. The steaks are sold frozen; they come in a box that contains 6 medium-size steaks and a lot of gravy.

I especially like the abundance of gravy, it makes

the choice of a side dish very easy: mashed potatoes, of course! Add some vegetables to it, and you’ve got a very nice family meal.

The char-broiled steaks always turn out great: fork-tender soft and juicy.

This is not ...

• a quickly cooked dish; it takes almost an hour to have the steaks done, but I don’t mind that at all.

I put them in the oven, set the timer, and proceed to make other dishes and set the

table: the steaks require no work or supervision while they are being cooked.

I find it very convenient.

The steaks are also inexpensive, which is another plus, especially for those with larger families.

I purchase this product at Walmart.

Greg says :

Was there a time when your salisbury steak was made only with beef?

Harriet says :

All meat produced and packaged by large companies which is 99% of the time is never pure meat. Sorry to dissapoint but even organic is not what it says. In eastern europe we slaughter our own, that way we know what is in it and what the animals eat.

Galega says :

There isn’t any information from OnCor regarding this. However, they have not changed the recipe, and hence you can assume that there was no time when the streaks were produced only with beef. They use mechanically separated chicken, pork and beef in it.

Greg says :

When did your company start putting other meat in with the beef?

Galega says :

Hi Greg, they have already launched one Chicken item namely, Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo.

I had asked them yesterday and got a reply. They are working on new items. It takes time. They have to do lots of field test before launching the product. anyway, hope to see more in the future.

todd Perry says :

The new family size is not worth the money. They have taken out half the gravy and 2 of the steaks leaving you with 4. You are better off to get Banquet Salisbury Steak where you still get more for your money and you still get 6 steaks. My family will not be buying On- Cor any more.

Galega says :

They have reversed that decision and now it is again available with six streaks. The description is available here

forrest says :

re : OnCor Salisbury Steaks are one of my favorite easy-to-cook dishes
    Have they changed the recipe for the salisbury steaks. the last couple of batches bought at wal-mart have been awful. This used to be one of my favorite meals.

Galega says :

They have not changed the recipe since long. I would suggest you to strictly follow their cooking instructions. Also, ensure that you have bought a product which is not past its best before date.

Tony Bigcharles says :

i cook them in shitty motels using their microwaves which arent much good, so i worry ill get food poisining so i add 3 minutes everytime. i cant find any info if they are precooked or if theyre raw, would so much appreciate if someone would please tell me. im upset i cant find this out for myself online without needing help

Galega says :

They are not completely precooked. You need to cook it at home. Fortunately, they have also given cooking instructions itself on the pack (for both conventional oven and microwave oven). You should follow it. If cooked properly, there will be zero chance of having any sort of food poisoning.

kristi says :

re : OnCor Salisbury Steaks are one of my favorite easy-to-cook dishes
    I got 2 boxes of 6 Salisbury steaks to make a fast dinner for my family. I did not expect much other than quick okay food. However, the chemical taste was horrible. My kids are eating, looking at me in horror. My husband takes a bite and says it taste like paint thinner. We removed the children’s food and pray none of us is sick from the few bites we took. This was horrible I’m truly afraid there were chemicals in it. I’m discussed and angry with hungry kids at the table.

Dianna says :

I fixed the family salisbury steak and half way there dinner my son found blue plastic in the meat. We all quit eatting.

Galega says :

This is a serious matter Dianna. Did you contact them after the incident?

If not, please make a complaint so that they can remain more alert. You can contact them through their website :

Make Sure to select Product Complaint at the ‘Nature of Inquiry’ menu.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271802129090128/k2311a0218/2.18.07