Wall Street (Money Never Sleeps) movie  » Movies  »
  • I know it's not fair to compare Wall Street from let's say, the new Julia Roberts flick
  • It was a very good movie and I highly recommend it

• by damselMD

I have been able to see almost every new movie being shown in cinemas right now because of the 1 year off I have gifted myself. And so far, I will rate Wall Street (Money Never Sleeps) as the most promising in terms of acting, story, excitement, and well, just in every aspect. I know it’s not fair to compare Wall Street from let’s say, the new Julia Roberts flick. Because they are very different. But Wall Street just lived up to my expectations.

Shia LaBeaouf shone in this movie. He did a good job, in fact a great job in bringing life to his character Jacob. He was just so believable. I loved the scene when his

mentor died and he was watching it on the news and then his fiance (played by Carey Mulligan) came home.

I was very moved by the tears in his eyes. It was like I felt his pain. Very convincing. Very good acting.

Carey Mulligan was great too. So adorable. Her role as Winnie, Jacob’s fiance and Michael Douglas’ character’s estranged daughter, also made waves for me. She did well in her acting.

She pulled it off like it was happening to her in real life. Another salute! Michael Douglas’ character, Gordon Gekko, was one hell of a role. Michael Douglas is already a legend. So it doesn’t come out as a surprise that he managed to make sleazy ...

• come out so much admirable with his acting.

He gave Wall Street an edge. His mere involvement in the movie was enough to make me watch it, let alone have him as the man to be looked out for. The overall story of Wall Street was not your typical business movie. It was obvious how much effort went into the story, script writing, and overall content.

It was reality brought in to the big screen. After watching the movie, I was like, so that’s what it’s like in Wall Street. The dialogue was also superb. Yes there were terms (and I mean a lot of terms) which I didn’t understand (not one bit) because it was too Wall

Street… But it was like riding in the movie with them.

You will get on the edge of your seat, anticipating and thinking what will happen next? What is the real plot? What on earth will their characters do now? I honestly had that experience. They managed to make the ending real. It wasn’t what I expected it to be, but their ending was… real. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t that it was anti-climactic and all, but it was different.

Not exactly predictable. And that’s what I liked about it. Wall Street is full of surprises. All in all, I would give it 9 out of 10.

It was a very good movie and I highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 118101290750231/k2311a108/10.8.10