General Mills Cocoa Puffs  » Food  »
  • I used to eat Cocoa Puffs, made by General Mills, on occasion because I found it to be a reasonably tasty breakfast cereal that was both chocolaty and crunchy
  • I liked how the Cocoa Puffs never became excessively soggy in milk like many other breakfast cereals did and I also enjoyed snacking on them because of their flavor and texture
  • I never loved Cocoa Puffs though because even though I thought they had a pleasant chocolate flavor, the chocolate flavor never seemed especially rich
  • The Cocoa Puffs generally cost around two dollars and thirty cents a box
  • I feel a 7 rating is fair for Cocoa Puffs, which I still consider to be a slightly above average cereal

• by CirclingCanvas

I used to eat Cocoa Puffs, made by General Mills, on occasion because I found it to be a reasonably tasty breakfast cereal that was both chocolaty and crunchy. I liked how the Cocoa Puffs never became excessively soggy in milk like many other breakfast cereals did and I also enjoyed snacking on them because of their flavor and texture.

I never loved Cocoa Puffs though because even though I thought they had a pleasant chocolate flavor, the chocolate flavor never seemed especially rich.

I would say that Cocoa

Puffs have a more mild than rich chocolaty taste.

Still, I found them to be better than Post’s Cocoa Pebbles, which weren’t as crunchy, and so, I stuck with the cereal, buying it now and then, and enjoying it to a certain extent, but never really loving it.

I stopped purchasing Cocoa Puffs the moment I tried General Mills Count Chocula cereal.

The Count Chocula cereal is a lot tastier than Cocoa Puffs, and not just because Count Chocula has marshmallow pieces in addition to the chocolate cereal.

The ...

• overall chocolate flavor seemed to be richer and more satisfying.

Plus, the cereal was cheaper.

I can generally buy the Count Chocula cereal for two dollars a box.

The Cocoa Puffs generally cost around two dollars and thirty cents a box.

I feel that I’m getting a higher quality cereal for less money, and that makes me feel good.

I’m happy that I tried the Count Chocula cereal because even though I was enjoying Cocoa Puffs, I find that the Count Chocula cereal has a more delightful chocolaty flavor

in addition to marshmallow pieces and is crunchier, so I enjoy the cereal more.

Cocoa Puffs is still a decent cereal, but I won’t ever buy it again because I simply have found something that satisfies me more and something that I really look forward to having in the morning or as a snack, and that’s not something I could ever really say with much enthusiasm about Cocoa Puffs.

I feel a “7″ rating is fair for Cocoa Puffs, which I still consider to be a slightly above average cereal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 278101290610231/k2311a108/10.8.10