Donna Karan Gold Sparkling perfume by Donna Karen
  • As I have a large collection of fragrances and work part time in a Perfume store I know the scent of most fragrances out there
  • What I like most about this is although from the notes mentioned you get the impression this is going to be heavy on the floral but it couldn't be further from the truth
  • I would highly recommend this without a doubt and would say it suits most ages from probably ladies in their twenties to anyone over sixty

• by Ticktock

If I had a choice I would dress head to toe in Donna Karan..as it is my budget doesn’t stretch anywhere near even the smallest item so the next best thing for me is to wear her perfumes.

As I have a large collection of fragrances and work part time in a Perfume store I know the scent of most fragrances out there. One I have liked for a while, though only recently got around to owning is this - Donna Karan Gold Sparkling which is surprisingly by Donna Karan.

First up is the bottle

design. It is available in 3 sizes (1oz,1.7oz and 3.4oz) and all the bottles are identical. The perfume is housed in an upright standing glass vessel which is a golden colour and features a black lid which protects the nozzle (as this is an eau de toilette). The oblong shape of the bottle is very basic and is straight up down but gives a solid, and strong appearance. Whilst the design is nothing overly exciting it’s actually quite attractive and comes across as being aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

The fragrance features some wonderful

combinations of notes including Amber; Patchouli; Black Locust; Berry Fruits; Jasmine; Citrus; Lilac and White Carnation.

What I like most about this is although from the notes mentioned you get the impression this is going to be heavy on the floral but it couldn’t be further from the truth. What I find when wearing this is it is at first floral and then turns almost woody with a slight hint of musk. Its not a heavy scent at all and is best suited for Spring though I have been wearing a lot throughout the ...

• Donna Karan Gold Sparkling perfume by Donna Karen
      Summer months and it was not out of place.

I really like this as when I first heard about it I imagined it to be just like Donna KaranGold’ which to be totally truthful I just wasn’t too keen on. There was something I couldn’t quite put my finger on but I didn’t think it was up to standards so was not expecting much of this either. When I first sampled it though I was surprised at how wrong I was, and how much I did in fact like this.

There are so many

lovely notes that work so well together and for me when wearing this I can detect the Berry Fruits and Jasmine mainly. The Amber is the most lingering note and is responsible for the longevity of the fragrance.

I would highly recommend this without a doubt and would say it suits most ages from probably ladies in their twenties to anyone over sixty. It is best worn as a daytime scent as it is very light and airy so may not have the required impact desired if worn after dark.

A classic feminine fragrance without a doubt.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 568101290590231/k2311a108/10.8.10