Ice Road Truckers: New King of the Dalton TV Show  » TV  »
  • Then we do get to see those final trips, some of which are more interesting than others
  • It did cost him a lot of time to lead that driver up Atigun Pass and wait for him to spread the ashes
  • Alex Debogorsski was the nice guy this season and his good Samaritan attitude meant he ended up with just 16 loads, but I like Alex and that he cares about people and put them first
  • I was happy to hear that Lane, the supervisor, said it was doubtful Hugh Rowland would be back

• by Orrymain

The season finale of Ice Road Truckers was called New King of the Dalton, which gives away part of the story from the beginning. Obviously, the laid back veteran Jack Jessee wasn’t going to be the king of the road again with this episode moniker.

A good part of the show is pretty much a review of the season for each of the drivers, detailing high and low points, as well as their plans for the final haul or two of the season. Then we do get to see those final trips, some of which are more interesting than others.

New trucker Ray Veilleux, who had owned a construction business that went under, ends

up with the crown. He pretty much led all season and finished with 19 loads. I’m not sure if I like Ray or not. He’s had an attitude, but he did seem to learn as he progressed, and he was pretty much all business. I also like what he did for that one trucker whose father had died. It did cost him a lot of time to lead that driver up Atigun Pass and wait for him to spread the ashes. That shows character in Ray.

Conversely, Greg Boadwine is like an overgrown kid. He is obsessed with this sacking thing where a driver passes another on the ...

• road. He actually complained to the supervisor about Ray’s driving. It backfired on him as management blamed him for the incident that we witnessed in this hour. This guy was at the bottom of the totem pole, and he’s lucky he still has a job for next season.

Alex Debogorsski was the nice guy this season and his good Samaritan attitude meant he ended up with just 16 loads, but I like Alex and that he cares about people and put them first.

As for the prior king, Jack’s final count of 17 loads was the result of having done some pushing and big hauls that took him out of the load count.

That was actually the same for my favorite, Lisa Kelly, who ended up tied with Jack. Her two pushing jobs really did a lot for her status with the company. Better yet, Lisa got her horse back, and I loved that we got to see that.

I was happy to hear that Lane, the supervisor, said it was doubtful Hugh Rowland would be back. He called him a rookie again, saying he came back with no respect for the law or the road. Man, is that the truth. He’s a profanity machine who doesn’t respect the law or the equipment. I hope that’s the last we see of him.

David says :

IRT events are not entirely true, there is a lot of staged events, no doubt the producers staged the sacking of Ray by Greg.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 108101290290231/k2311a108/10.8.10