CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Blood Moon TV Show  » TV  »
2.5
  • What was interesting was a minor sub-plot surrounding the Catherine Willows character, played by Marg Helgenberger
  • I thought of this when watching this new twist in the story for her character
  • I enjoyed that aspect of the show and expect that it will develop as the season continues

• by Orrymain

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Blood Moon really should be the Halloween episode, and maybe it is. Either way, it is not an hour of fun for me. I am not into vampires, werewolves, and decapitations, all of which were vital parts of this show.

The teaser scene is where we get the head without a body. That was a quick turn off for me. Most of the hour then surrounds the team

getting in touch with all of these vampire and werewolf types at a convention, and it just goes on from there. I was not entertained.

What was interesting was a minor sub-plot surrounding the Catherine Willows character, played by Marg Helgenberger. The actress who was really the star player when this show debuted was originally going to exit CSI after last year. However, her real life divorce altered her situation and she opted ...

• to stay on for one more season with a slightly reduced role. I thought of this when watching this new twist in the story for her character.

Early on, Hodges overhears Catherine’s boyfriend asking her to move in with him. She naturally defers the conversation. Later, Hodges has this somewhat round about talk with her, during which he laments not having acted on his feelings for the just departed Wendy. He’s delivering

a message about living life and not ending up alone. I see this as a potential ‘out’ for Catherine at the end of the season, and I thought it was well done. I enjoyed that aspect of the show and expect that it will develop as the season continues.

As for the rest of it, it really wasn’t my style and I just didn’t care much about the crime, one way or the other.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 108101290130131/k2311a108/10.8.10