Tesco Value Spicy Curry Flavour Noodle Snack  » Food  »
2.5
  • This Spicy Curry Flavour Noodle Quick Snack is from Tesco’s Value range and it only cost a mere 32p or thereabouts
  • Sometimes these really cheap, economy products turn out to be not so bad and sometimes they are so disgusting that it is just false economy to buy them, so I like to review products like this
  • I love noodles but I usually prefer to have Super Noodles or something like that, rather than the infamous Pot Noodle which I think is over-rated
  • The spicy curry flavour tends to come through as more of an aftertaste and it has a little bit of heat to it which I enjoyed
  • If you are interested in the whole list of ingredients and nutritional content then I suggest you have a look at it at your local Tesco store

• by jeanne71

This Spicy Curry Flavour Noodle Quick Snack is from Tesco’s Value range and it only cost a mere 32p or thereabouts. Sometimes these really cheap, economy products turn out to be not so bad and sometimes they are so disgusting that it is just false economy to buy them, so I like to review products like this. I love noodles but I usually prefer to have Super Noodles or something like that, rather than the infamous Pot Noodle which I think is over-rated. This snack product turned out to be just like

a cheapo version of Pot Noodle actually - you just add boiling water to the fill line, give it a stir and wait for it thicken. I had this for a snack tonight. I ate it all, so it was not that bad. The noodles came out no different to a more expensive brand but the sauce they were in was rather thin on taste. When I first put them in my mouth, I can hardly taste any flavour at all. The spicy curry flavour tends to come through as ...

• more of an aftertaste and it has a little bit of heat to it which I enjoyed. But really, the flavour of the sauce would be a lot better if it were more rich. The ingredients list shows that the curry sauce is made up of the usual kind of herbs and spices; coriander, tumeric, pimento, cumin, red pepper and more, but it did lack in body and so maybe they skimped on these spices.

I am a vegetarian and this particular flavour in the Tesco Value noodle range is suitable for vegetarians, but

beware as I nearly bought a chicken flavour one thinking that it would not contain real chicken but it does, well, real chicken powder anyway. For your information, this whole 70g pot contains 315 calories and is about the size of Pot Noodle. I found it quite filling anyway.

If you are interested in the whole list of ingredients and nutritional content then I suggest you have a look at it at your local Tesco store. So, in summary, this is not unpleasant, just rather thin on taste and I would score it 5 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 278101289980131/k2311a108/10.8.10