General Mills Count Chocula Cereal  » Food  »
  • Now chocolate and marshmallow obviously go together and this wasn't the first product to mix the two and I know it won't be the last, but this cereal does do the mixing of the two quite well
  • The cereal remains relatively crunchy even after milk has been added, which I like because soggy cereal isn't all that appetizing
  • It's really something how such a simple cereal can be so delightfully delicious
  • Although the cereal can't be found in stores year-round, it can be ordered online year-round, which I'm happy about since I wouldn't like it if I was only able to purchase this cereal two and a half months out of the year

• by CirclingCanvas

General Mills Count Chocula cereal is a pretty sweet cereal, but it undeniably has a distinctly rich flavor to it. The sweetness mainly comes from the marshmallow pieces with the remaining sweetness originating from the chocolate cereal pieces. Much of the actual flavor this cereal has to offer comes from the chocolate itself.

Now chocolate and marshmallow obviously go together and this wasn’t the first product to mix the two and I know it won’t be the last, but this cereal does do the mixing of the two quite well. As a breakfast cereal served with milk, I never

add any additional sugar to this cereal because it’s already sweet enough for me.

The cereal remains relatively crunchy even after milk has been added, which I like because soggy cereal isn’t all that appetizing. Even better, the cereal actually gives the milk in the bowl a chocolaty flavor.

I do think that this is one of the tastiest chocolaty cereals sold nowadays. The chocolate flavor is richer and tastier than Post Cocoa Pebbles and General Mills Cocoa Puffs.

The cereal may in fact be too rich for some to have for breakfast! Whether I have it for breakfast or ...

• just something to snack on, dry, I find that this cereal really perks me up because of how enjoyable the chocolate and marshmallow flavors are. It’s really something how such a simple cereal can be so delightfully delicious.

I also love the fact that it’s kind of crunchy too. I’m never dissatisfied when I buy a box because the cereal is always fresh and when I first open up the box and bag, there is such a strong chocolate aroma that just comes bursting out.

It’s an all-around pleasant experience having this cereal because of the appetizing aroma and

tremendous taste and it’s one of the few cereals that I like as much with milk as I do dry since it transforms white milk into chocolate milk and manages to stay kind of crunchy too. Although the cereal can’t be found in stores year-round, it can be ordered online year-round, which I’m happy about since I wouldn’t like it if I was only able to purchase this cereal two and a half months out of the year.

For two dollars a box, I find this cereal to be worth every penny, and so, I’m rating the cereal a “10″.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 278101289920131/k2311a108/10.8.10