PNY Attache 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive  » Hardware  »
  • I decided to try the PNY Attache 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
  • I like to be able to easily carry photos and other files just in case they might come in handy

• by Dawn

I wanted to be able to store some things from my computer on something that would be easily portable but that would hold a lot of information. I didn’t want to worry about losing an SD Card in the process though. I decided to try the PNY Attache 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive. I found it at Best Buy for $26.99. That wasn’t a bad price for something that would hold hundreds of her files. I like to be able to easily carry photos and other files just in case they might come in handy.

When I got home, I immediately opened the package and plugged the flash drive into my computer. I then found where to open it and found some of the picture files that I wished to move. It was a

very easy process of copy and paste to move the files over. I then had those files ready to be transported anyplace that I wanted to take them. The other thing I liked about it was the I was able to have yet another back up of the files so that I never completely lost them. You can never have too many back ups of photo files. Those are the one thing that you truly don’t want to lose.

I loved the flash drive and used it quite frequently. I had moved hundreds of pictures to the flash drive and was very pleased with the ability to take it with me wherever I went. I did run into one problem though. My mother was visiting and I wanted to show her some of the pictures that ...

• were on the drive. I plugged the flash drive into the usb drive of my computer. It was plugged into the front of the computer and my mother was standing right next to it. She doesn’t own a computer and has no desire to so she didn’t know how easily something could happen to the CPU or anything that was sticking out of it. She inadvertently was pushing on the flash drive with her leg and the USB plug was loosened and bent. That meant that I couldn’t properly put the drive back into the computer. I had to manipulate it every time I tried to access the files, and that was a very tedious thing to have to do.

I loved the PNy Attache Flash Drive up until my mother broke it. I probably will

not purchase this or anything like it again though. It turned out to be a waste of money because it broke quite easily and left me unable to do what I needed to do with it. I have found other forms of storage for those photo files since that time. It would have been fine had my mother not bumped it with her leg, but something like that would have eventually happened anyway.

I wouldn’t suggest that you purchase this product unless you can be certain that no one will bump into it. I would also worry that the usb plug would eventually break due to pulling it in and out of the computer port. I would rather take my chances on losing an SD card than to purchase this type of storage for my files again.

winpromote.com says :

The article is very wonderful. You analyse in the round. I will go on to attention your other wonderful posts. Thank you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 338101289840131/k2311a108/10.8.10