TheraFlu Apple Cinnamon Flavor  » Medicine  »
1.5
  • It was during one of those rare sick times that I bought this product
  • For me it is one of those medicines that does not taste like a medicine, so I have no issue taking it
  • I love the fact that it makes me feel warm and toasty inside and gives me that relaxing feeling that I love so much and that usually helps me to get over my sickness
  • I think that it could be because it is for a sore throat and a cold

• by webgirl40

Thankfully I have inherited a no-sick gene from my mother. That is not to say that I do not get sick, but rather that it is very very seldom. However on the reverse side of this blessing is the fact that when I do catch a cold or something, it really takes hold and I get really really sick. For me there is no medium, I am either really sick or in great health.

It was during one of those rare sick times that I bought this product. Normally I am a huge fan of TheraFlu. For me it is one of those medicines that does not taste like a medicine, so I have no issue taking it. I love the fact that it makes me feel warm and toasty inside and gives me that relaxing feeling that

I love so much and that usually helps me to get over my sickness. It is because it works so well that I usually have a stock of TheraFlu Lemon Flavor packets somewhere in my house at any given point because if start to feel bad and know that I am getting sick, this stuff is my first line of defense against germs.

Now when I saw that there was an apple cinnamon flavor I jumped on it because I love the smell of apple cinnamon things and it helps me to feel so relaxed. I got sick not too long ago and decided that it would be the perfect for me to try the new flavor. I was excited and looking forward to the relief that TheraFlu usually gives me. However I soon discovered that this relief was ...

• not to come with the new flavor.

I will have to admit that the smell is quite alluring. It smells just like an apple cinnamon cake. I was quite delighted with that to be honest. My boyfriend even liked the smell and complimented on it several times. However, that smell is the only redeeming quality about this product as far as I can tell.

The medicine is very mild. I think that it could be because it is for a sore throat and a cold. I had a severe cold and this medicine really did nothing to help. Admittedly it smelled nice and the steam off the cup helped me breathe better but that is it. It did not sooth my sore throat at all nor did it give me any relief from the cold. I also discovered that although it

may smell nice this flavor of ThereFlu is not as tasty as it smells. It has a very bad taste that is hard to get past. However as long as you get it down in the first few minutes it can be done. However after it has cooled it is nothing short of disgusting. I can not tolerate it cold or even luke warm. The after taste that is present is horrible once it has cooled and re-heating it will do nothing to help with the flavor.

I finished only one cup of this flavor. Between the poor taste and lack of medicinal value it was just not worth it. I did stay with TheraFlu but I switched back to my old faithful Lemon Flavor. It tastes better smells just as good and it helped to completely beat my cold and sore throat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 268101289730131/k2311a108/10.8.10