“The Prayer Matrix”: A Book on Communicating with God by David Jeremiah
  • I know in my own life I often struggle with not only carving out the time for prayer but also in simply remembering to do it
  • Many of these same methods I have used in the past, but having a concise reminder is pretty valuable in my opinion

• by John Roper

Few aspects of the Christian walk are as simple and yet as personally challenging as prayer. I know in my own life I often struggle with not only carving out the time for prayer but also in simply remembering to do it. Pastor David Jeremiah adds good insight and guidance into a topic that has frustrated not only me but countless Christians over the centuries.

One of the things that makes Jeremiah’s treatment of the subject so powerful is his

revealing of his personal battles, especially the one with cancer where he learned to pray like never before. Too often pastors preach about what should be done without ever revealing their own pain in reaching these insights. Yet I have my own struggles that hinder my ability to truly rely on God. Having someone admit their own weaknesses enables people like me to take any advice given more seriously.

Chapter 7 is especially useful as it gives several techniques on ...

• how to pray. Many of these same methods I have used in the past, but having a concise reminder is pretty valuable in my opinion. Adding extra value to this book are the quotes from Oswald Chambers and Andrew Murray, two writers from the past who truly had their fingers on the pulse of spirituality.

One of the other things I appreciated so much about this book was the fact that Jeremiah doesn’t belabor his point. There is a

place, I suppose, for exhaustive tomes on the subject of prayer, massive volumes that cover every conceivable method with plenty of historical examples. Yet this small book cuts to the heart of the matter without making me wade through the verbiage to find the nuggets of wisdom.

I’m glad I picked up this book. In simple and straightforward form Jeremiah takes his readers on a journey to understanding that helps reduce the challenges most of us face in talking to God.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 178101289660131/k2311a108/10.8.10