Futuro Plantar Fasciitis Sleep Support
  • Over the counter heel cups and inserts were of some help, but the best results were from using this sleep support
  • I decided on this model after looking at quite a few others which seemed to look like snow boots
  • Using this in conjunction with daily stretching exercises, heel cushions for my shoes, and taking ibuprofen for inflammation, I was able to avoid going to the doctor for my condition
  • I do recommend this for those suffering from heel pain
  • It really helped mine and I think it is a good product that is far more economical than some of its type

• by reviewabit

Having an occupation where you stand a lot, and being overweight, can contribute to the development of plantar fasciitis or “heel spur” which causes a great amount of pain. When mine first developed, I tried many things to ease the pain before resorting to an expensive doctor’s visit. Over the counter heel cups and inserts were of some help, but the best results were from using this sleep support. I decided on this model after looking at quite a few others which seemed to look like snow boots.

I couldn’t imagine trying to sleep in one of them. They were huge in comparison to this modest device. This little support was

perfect for me.

It is lightweight, fits well, and was nowhere near as expensive as some braces that are designed to do the same thing. It’s designed to hold the foot at close to a 90-degree angle, stretching the offending tissues. The straps were hard to figure out at first but once I got the hang of it, it was easy to put on and adjust.

I did not have any problems sleeping with it after the first couple of nights. It took a little getting used to– not because it was uncomfortable, but just the sensation of having something on my foot that was not usually there. In the morning, the ...

• usual morning stiffness and extreme pain on walking was lessened very noticeably.

This was a much better result that I had expected. Using this in conjunction with daily stretching exercises, heel cushions for my shoes, and taking ibuprofen for inflammation, I was able to avoid going to the doctor for my condition. It actually cleared on its own, though gradually, and without any cortisone shots or taping– podiatrists tricks that I had read about.

I am quite sure this brace had a lot to do with that. It is worth mentioning that you should be careful in how tight you put it on. In the beginning, I was thinking that tighter was

better and did not realize that it could be effective even if it did not hold the foot tightly.

I actually put it on so tightly that I irritated the nerves in my toes because of the strap that holds the dorsal area. I had tingly toes for two days! This is easily avoided. If you put the brace on and after 30 minutes you still sense a tightness, loosen it.

Nerve damage is not any more fun than heel pain! I do recommend this for those suffering from heel pain. It really helped mine and I think it is a good product that is far more economical than some of its type.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347101289450331/k2311a107/10.7.10