Crest White Strips Dental Whitening System 56 ct
2.5
  • To save some money, I decided to try a home tooth whitening product rather than have mine whitened professionally
  • On first applying them I found they were a bit too small to cover my teeth completely
  • These are definitely not a product you can wear while going about your daily business
  • On the third day I noticed some sensitivity in my teeth and gums
  • I would recommend these if you have a coupon, and don’t think the other options would be a good fit for you

• by reviewabit

To save some money, I decided to try a home tooth whitening product rather than have mine whitened professionally. Crest White Strips seemed to be the most popular so I decided to start out with the original kit. On first applying them I found they were a bit too small to cover my teeth completely.

I tried to make up for this by positioning them differently, but this caused the gel to leak out and the strip to slide around too much. In order to wear them, I had

to hold my mouth perfectly still for the duration that they were applied.

Fortunately, they were only on in thirty minute intervals. But in that time, I could not talk, eat, drink, or even lick my lips.

These are definitely not a product you can wear while going about your daily business. The first couple of days seemed to go along fine.

On the third day I noticed some sensitivity in my teeth and gums. I had read that this was very common, so I expected it.

/> The next few days, I struggled to leave the strips on for the recommended time. The peroxide gel was burning my sensitive gums, and my teeth had become like raw nerve centers.

I had to be extremely careful not to get anything hot, cold, or sweet touch them directly. Even breathing through my mouth hurt a bit, and talking all day at work was not very comfortable as the air constantly hit my sore teeth.

I did my best to stick out the whole treatment, and on ...

• Crest White Strips Dental Whitening System 56 ct
      the last day, I managed to get through it, but I was so glad it was over!

I have to say, my teeth did look a bit whiter. It wasn’t incredible or dramatic, but I think it was probably worth the money considering what it costs to have your dentist do a professional whitening job.

I was told to let my sore teeth and gums recover, and then go through the treatment once again to get them even whiter. I thought about doing this, but in the

end I found the treatment painful and annoying and it placed limits on my activities and schedule, so I opted not to.

I might re-try in the future, but I am even more likely to go for one of the treatments that are of higher strength and less time consuming. I would recommend these if you have a coupon, and don’t think the other options would be a good fit for you.

They do work… but not dramatically, and it is debatable whether it is really worth the pain and inconvenience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347101289420331/k2311a107/10.7.10