Glucerna Shake Homemade Vanilla flavor 8oz  » Health  »
  • I bought a pack of these Glucerna shakes when I was not feeling very well because of a dental issue and was having a hard time eating solid foods
  • I am diabetic, so since this is a product made specifically for diabetics, it is safe and convenient for me to use
  • As far as blood sugar control, they had very little effect on my readings and I had no problem keeping my glucose in range while I was using them
  • I think I would definitely buy them if I were having a craving for a vanilla shake

• by reviewabit

I bought a pack of these Glucerna shakes when I was not feeling very well because of a dental issue and was having a hard time eating solid foods. I am diabetic, so since this is a product made specifically for diabetics, it is safe and convenient for me to use. The taste is great– best if refrigerated.

I was actually quite surprised. I have drank Ensure before, but expected the “diabetic version” of meal replacement shakes to somehow taste inferior.

They are actually better, in my opinion. As far as blood sugar control, they had very little effect on my readings and I had no problem keeping my glucose in

range while I was using them.

I don’t know how well this would have worked if I had been on solid food as well at the time. It’s good to know there is a product out there that we diabetics can rely on in times when we just can’t eat.

In the past I have had stomach viruses or such, and found it very difficult to manage medications and foods when my digestive system was in revolt. This product is mild and pleasant, and very easy to “keep down.

” If you sip it slowly, you should have no problems, even if very nauseous. It is filling, and contains fiber, but not as ...

• much protein as I would expect.

Eight ounces is perfect if you are not hungry, and you get the nutrients you need. If you were feeling normal and just wanted to use it as a meal replacement for convenience, the eight ounces might not really seem like enough.

If you find a permanent place for these shakes in your regimen, there is some type of program where they will automatically ship them to you. I did not participate in this as I only needed them temporarily.

I think I would definitely buy them if I were having a craving for a vanilla shake. When very cold, they are quite enjoyable and

would satisfy that craving without “cheating” on my food plan, and I would get extra nutrients as a bonus.

They are a little pricey if you want to use them day to day, but you might be able to get a discount with their delivery program. I asked my doctor about using these occasionally and she was very positive about the idea, saying that she recommended them to diabetic seniors who had issues with poor appetite and they seemed to do quite well with them.

I think this is a great product for anyone who needs a meal replacement for whatever reason, and needs for it to be balanced well for their dietary conditions.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347101289380331/k2311a107/10.7.10