AZO Cranberry supplement tablets, 50 count  » Health  »
  • After a rather painful infection and a sequel to it last year, I decided to take a cranberry supplement to see if it would help prevent another recurrence
  • As this is an issue common to many types of vitamins and supplements, I don’t mark off points for that
  • I took the AZO cranberry for about five months, and in that time I did not have any recurrences of my bladder problem
  • I think my bladder was weakened by a severe infection, and the AZO gave it some protection and healing time so that now it is normal again
  • I believe this is a good product for prevention of infections and I would recommend it to anyone who has a tendency to get them, to be taken when you do not have symptoms

• by reviewabit

Anyone who has ever suffered a severe urinary tract infection can understand why you’d want to do everything you can to prevent them. I’ve heard about the cranberry cure for years, but assumed it was an “old wives tale. ” What I have learned more recently is that cranberries don’t cure an infection that is already present (in fact, they can even make things more painful if taken during an infection).

However, it has been proven that substances in the cranberry can help prevent infections by stopping bacteria from sticking to the bladder walls. After a rather painful infection and a sequel to it last year, I decided to

take a cranberry supplement to see if it would help prevent another recurrence.

The one I chose was AZO cranberry, which is a high potency supplement and made by a company that knows all about bladder pain. AZO standard has been a friend on standby for many years, as it helps to relieve the pain and symptoms of infection.

Fortunately when I began using the pretty pink tablets, I was not in any pain. They are very large… and difficult to swallow.

As this is an issue common to many types of vitamins and supplements, I don’t mark off points for that. However, I would much prefer that they had ...

• made them half the size, and had us to simply take double the dose.

I took the AZO cranberry for about five months, and in that time I did not have any recurrences of my bladder problem. I think my bladder was weakened by a severe infection, and the AZO gave it some protection and healing time so that now it is normal again.

I did not really want to take the product long term, as I have GERD and the acid from the supplement might irritate my esophagus eventually. Fortunately, in five months time, I had no sign of that being a problem.

There are some definite

benefits to taking the tablets rather than drinking cranberry juice. Cranberry juice in its natural state is extremely tart and not very palatable.

The juice cocktails you buy in stores are generally full of sugar, which of course adds lots of calories and carbs– not at all good for dieters or diabetics! The tablets bypass all that yucky flavor and have no calories or sugars, and also have more strength that you would get from drinking a normal amount of juice. I believe this is a good product for prevention of infections and I would recommend it to anyone who has a tendency to get them, to be taken when you do not have symptoms.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347101289360331/k2311a107/10.7.10