Frigidaire Window Air Conditioner  » Housewares  »
  • I think that we went with this one because it was affordable and it was easy to set up
  • I like that the most because she is an older lady and it’s hard to keep her from getting sick
  • I love this air conditioner, it doesn’t of well in large rooms but t does well is small rooms
  • This air conditioner is affordable and if you don’t have central air then you should consider buying this

• by Ginia

My mother lives by herself and so there are times when I have to go and check on her. I have to remember that there are certain things that my husband and I have to handle when it comes to her. This summer was a beast in our neck of the woods and she didn’t have an air conditioner at the time. I knew that I couldn’t afford to buy her a central air system so we went shopping for an air conditioner that she could have in her house or at least her room. The Frigidaire Window Air Conditioner was what we chose to go with. I think that we went with this one because it was affordable and it was easy to set up. It wasn’t all that big and

that was fine because her windows weren’t all that big.

We paid $120 for this air conditioner and I personally thought that that was a deal. It was around 12000 BTU so it was strong. I have the highest hopes for this air conditioner. It didn’t let us down the first part of the summer but on the hottest days. It was didn’t work as well as we thought it would. It seemed to have a hard time keeping up with the cooling of her room for some reason.

We were told that it was capable of keeping large rooms cool but that wasn’t the truth at all. My mother’s room isn’t a small room at all and she ended up asking us to move it to her living room so she could ...

• better enjoy it. Once we moved it to a smaller room, it worked so much better. Even though it struggled on some days I did like the simple features that came on this air conditioner. There were 3 different settings that my mother could choose from. And on the days that the heat wasn’t overbearing, she was able to turn on the internal fan. The internal fan came with 3 different speeds so she didn’t have to worry about having a separate fan to keep her cool. It was more like a 2-in-1.

The mesh filter that is located on the inside of the front panel grind is antibacterial so she doesn’t have to worry about breathing in that yucky stuff that comes out of an air conditioner. I like that the most because

she is an older lady and it’s hard to keep her from getting sick. The last thing we need is more health issues due to a sloppy air conditioner.

There is a 24 hour timer that is located on the front. If my mother just so happen to leave it on and forget to turn it off in a 24 hour time span, it will go off on it’s own. I think that this is what helps her save on her energy bill most of all. I love this air conditioner, it doesn’t of well in large rooms but t does well is small rooms. It’s strong as long as it doesn’t get overly hot as well. This air conditioner is affordable and if you don’t have central air then you should consider buying this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537101289150231/k2311a107/10.7.10