Motorola MotoNav GPS System  » Electronics  »
  • The street name announcement is what I enjoyed using because while I’m driving, I’m not always capable of looking at the GPS system
  • The voice Command recognition feature is another thing that I find interesting
  • But I do think that they should consider working a little harder on the touch screen because it doesn’t often work all that well for me
  • For the most part, I think that this GPS system is a great piece of work whenever it actually works

• by Sacback

Road trips are what we do and when I have to get around, I have to have a great GPS system. There are plenty of them out there but the Motorola MotoNav GPS has taken the cake for me. I have found nothing but solace from using this GPS system. It has not only been reliable for me and my friends but it has also offered tons of different features that I have personally gravitated to over the years. I still use this GPS system from time to time and I guess it’s because of the sturdiness of the system itself.

The Motorola MotoNav GPS System s a small hand held GPS system that is easy to use and easy to understand. Everything about it is sleek and simple. It doesn’t

confuse me not one bit and I was also offered a really helpful hand book that guided me through the features. For $250, I was able to get myself a nice GPS system that was reliable and easy to mount on my car. If I didn’t want to mount it on my car then I was able to carry it around with me. This is what makes it portable and more fun to carry around.

The street name announcement is what I enjoyed using because while I’m driving, I’m not always capable of looking at the GPS system. It will speak the name of the streets out loud so that way I will have double security in knowing where I’m going and where I’m at. The voice Command recognition feature ...

• is another thing that I find interesting. It took a while for the system to actually get used to my voice but once it did, It was ok. I do have issues with this feature every once in a while though. It’s by far a perfect feature, it can get so overwhelming some time that I don’t even want to use it.

I like the touch screen as well. But I do think that they should consider working a little harder on the touch screen because it doesn’t often work all that well for me. I can try pressing a button two or three times before I get the results that I’m looking for. This can be irritating especially when you are driving. It does offer Bluetooth hands free calling

though and text to speech. So the negative that I stated was over shadowed by those features.

Oh, the volume on this GPS system is pretty low as well. I have trouble from time to time actually hearing what’s being said to me. It’s a bit sketchy though because some times it’s not low at all.

Don’t be alarmed if you find yourself not able to GPS navigate through a place with high buildings because that’s just something that happens with this GPS system. I have never been able to get clear and concise directions when in an Urban area.

For the most part, I think that this GPS system is a great piece of work whenever it actually works. I think that it has potential, enough potential to keep it around.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 167101289140231/k2311a107/10.7.10