Stitch ‘n Bitch Nation  » Books  »
  • I got this as a gift, and that is a good thing - while I like owning the book, I probably wouldn't have bought it
  • A few of the patterns seem to be just make this shape in garter stitch, and I think anybody could have figured that out
  • I don't think I'll be knitting tights anytime soon, but they are rather funny

• by booklover
      This book by Debbie Stoller is, according to the cover, full of hip, funky patterns. There are extra segments too, where they interview/talk with different Stitch ‘n Bitch groups across the States.

Since I’m not American, I didn’t really see the need.

If there had been more Canadian

groups, I probably would have been mroe interested.

I got this as a gift, and that is a good thing - while I like owning the book, I probably wouldn’t have bought it.

There are a few really neat patterns in the book, but some of the patterns ...

• seem a bit of a stretch - as in, we’ve run out of patterns, so let’s make up some random thing.

A few of the patterns seem to be just make this shape in garter stitch, and I think anybody could have figured that out.

But the ideas

are good, and there are a lot of them.

I don’t think I’ll be knitting tights anytime soon, but they are rather funny.

All in all, it’s an okay book - after all, there are very few knitters who will pick up a pattern book and love every pattern in it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171802128910128/k2311a0218/2.18.07