Jeopardy: Game Show  » TV  »
  • I like the challenge, because I find shows like Wheel of Fortune too easy
  • This makes me feel smart when I know the answer
  • And when it does, there are four other possible categories that could be interesting
  • I love rooting for the really good contestants
  • And, I don't like the tournaments they have every season

• by Angelwriter

Jeopardy is my favorite current game show. I like the challenge, because I find shows like Wheel of Fortune too easy. I also like that it asks trivia and knowledge questions. This makes me feel smart when I know the answer. I also like learning new things when I don’t know the answers. I prefer Jeopardy to games of pure chance, because I like to feel like my own skill has some affect on how well I would do if I were playing for real. I also like this show better than things like The Price is Right, because

I’m no good at math. Jeopardy sometimes has math categories, but not all the time. And when it does, there are four other possible categories that could be interesting.

I love rooting for the really good contestants. Jeopardy has had lots of really skilled and smart people. And some daredevils who wager huge amounts of money on the chance that they will know the answer. I always feel like they’re dumb to take the chance, but it’s exciting to me when it pays off.

Alex Trebek is a funny host. Sometimes, I think his humor can be a little ...

• embarrassing, though. Most of the time, I laugh at his audacity, and sometimes I’m put off.

Most of the time, I don’t care for the interview portion of the show, where Alex talks to the contestants. This is partly because it’s moments like these that can be the most embarrassing. I also find some of the stories they tell to be dull. I also don’t like when contestants jump all over the board, trying to find the daily doubles so they can wager huge amounts. I prefer they go through each category in order. And, I don’t like

the tournaments they have every season. These are celebrity, teen, and college tournaments. I don’t watch Jeopardy when those are happening. The only ones I like is the tournament of champions, which has all the high winners of the season compete against each other. I like that, because it makes me feel like I’m watching a really intense level of the game. I heard there will be a teacher’s tournament, and I think I might actually find that interesting enough to watch.

Jeopardy has been on for over 20 years and I hope it won’t end any time soon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107101289080231/k2311a107/10.7.10