Notorious (Movie)
  • I think he was the best classic movie director
  • He's my favorite classic actor, so I was very impressed that he could play a character I didn't like
  • I thought his part was the most difficult, because it called for subtle acting and he had to be very stoic and harsh through most of the film
  • And the suspense element did give me one of the best female villains in the film as well

• by Angelwriter

There are four reasons I love Notorious. First, because it’s an Alfred Hitchcock film. I think he was the best classic movie director. The next three reasons are the stars of the movie, Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman, and Claude Rains. Rains was the supporting actor, which he was in most of his films, but I think he did such a good job at it. I also liked how Grant and Bergman played against

their screen images. This is especially true for Grant. He’s my favorite classic actor, so I was very impressed that he could play a character I didn’t like. I was even more impressed that he could do it and still be the good guy of the movie. I thought his part was the most difficult, because it called for subtle acting and he had to be very stoic and harsh through most of the film.

• Even so, I liked the way he managed to make his emotions show underneath the hardness. Bergman also did a good job going against her usual wholesome on screen image. I liked how she’s the real hero of the story.

I thought the movie managed to have passion even though, because it was made in the 1940’s, there weren’t any sex scenes. But, to me, that was a good thing. It was more creative.

Since

this is a Hitchcock film, of course there was suspense. The big mystery wasn’t really important. It was just something to hang the romantic entanglement on, and to put Bergman’s character in danger. But, it really didn’t matter or take away from my pleasure in the movie. And the suspense element did give me one of the best female villains in the film as well.

This is a movie I can watch again and again and never tire of.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117101289050231/k2311a107/10.7.10