Quadra Fire Santa Fe Model Pellet Stove  » Housewares  »
0.5
  • However I did not do my homework correctly and did not see or hear this stove in actual operation before I bought it
  • In my opinion there has to be many many stoves out there better than the Santa Fe made by Quadra Fire

• by Pellet Stove User

In June of 2010 I purchased a new Quadra Fire Santa Fe model pellet stove. I was replacing a 1994 Whitfield pellet stove which I was told could not be repaired. I was looking forward to 16 years of new technology and improvements in updating my pellet stove. The Santa Fe was close to the same size and same BTU rating of 35,000 as my old Whitfield thus making the install easy and simple, as opposed to cutting a new hole in the wall and patching up the old hole.

However I did not do my homework correctly and did not see or

hear this stove in actual operation before I bought it. The Santa Fe produces a ridiculous amount of noise (the fans and blower system)and an equally ridiculously low amount of heat.

On the lowest of the 3 heat settings the heat is minuscule to say the least. I can sit on top of the stove and not be harmed or disturbed by the heat that you would think the stove would produce. On the highest setting the noise is outrageous. Turn up the TV and clear your throats because you will have to talk loudly or shout to carry on a conversation ...

• in the same room as this stove. On the low setting I can barely keep a 200 square foot room at 70 degrees and its only 55 degrees outside. How this stove got rated to heat 1000 square feet is beyond me unless the test was done in the summer months.

In addition the burn pot technology has the fire burning very low in the stove, well below the level of the viewing window, and the aesthetics of watching the flame is greatly reduced.

The 1994 Whitfield stove was a fantastic performer compared to this new 2010 Santa Fe. I feel like I went

back 16 years in technology as opposed to going forward. I don’t know how a company can produce such a poor performing product and keep it on the market. I am writing this to alert other consumers to be very careful before they spend $2,500 installing this product. Make sure you see and hear one in actual operation before you buy it. In my opinion there has to be many many stoves out there better than the Santa Fe made by Quadra Fire. The Whitfield brand is no longer made and that is why I didn’t buy that brand again.

-11
    Jared Torstveit says :

I just installed a Quadrafire Santa Fe, and we do have a smaller sized house, but I have to disagree with`Trustworthy’ I live in eastern Montana. It is 0 degrees outside, and it is HOT in here. The high blower setting makes less noise than a box fan. If it is so loud, why doesn’t he turn it down? The thing works just fine, and I am pleased with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537101288910231/k2311a107/10.7.10