Armor All Original Protectant  » Cars  »
  • I never really concerned myself with car care and maintenance until I bought my own Honda CRV about two years ago
  • While the product can be sprayed directly to the surface of the dashboard, I prefer to spray it to the cloth so that there is no chance that some product might hit the windshield
  • What I like about this product is that it helps provides UVA and UVB protection to help prevent cracking and fading of the plastic parts
  • Sometimes, I use Armor All even for the steering wheel but only when I know I won’t be driving far anywhere

• by thehappymom

I never really concerned myself with car care and maintenance until I bought my own Honda CRV about two years ago. I spent so much on that car that I wanted to preserve its beauty for the longest time possible. From check-ups to cleaning, I sought advice from friends who are already car owners. I also joined car forums to increase my knowledge when it comes to cars. One such advice I had gotten was to use Armor All Original Protectant to protect the dashboard of my car which is made up of hard plastic. Anyway, I was able to get a 295ml bottle spray of Armor All Protectant from Tru Value and I must say that since finishing my first bottle, I have already purchased quite a few bottles after now it is the only brand I use when it comes to cleaning and protecting my dashboard.

Armor All Original Protectant

is so easy to apply. Before using the product, it’s important to first shake the bottle well. While the product can be sprayed directly to the surface of the dashboard, I prefer to spray it to the cloth so that there is no chance that some product might hit the windshield. I then wipe the cloth against the surface to be cleaned. When it comes to my car’s plastic parts, Armor All is truly an all-in-one product. It safely removes dust and dirt and brings back the shine of the parts as if it were new. What I like about this product is that it helps provides UVA and UVB protection to help prevent cracking and fading of the plastic parts.

I wash my car at least twice a week but I only apply Armor All to the interior once a week. Despite this infrequent use of the product, I finish ...

• a bottle just a couple of weeks because I don’t only use it for the dashboard. I also use it twice a week for exterior plastic parts such as the front and rear bumpers. These are the parts that suffer most against the harsh rays of the sun and Armor All really acts as a sun block for these poor plastic parts. Sometimes, I use Armor All even for the steering wheel but only when I know I won’t be driving far anywhere. The reason for this is that Armor All can cause the wheel to be slippery and I also experienced that when my hands are sweaty, the steering wheel becomes a bit sticky. For the same reason (to prevent accidents), it is not advisable to apply Armor All to pedals and grips.

As for the product itself, there is a bit of smell to it but it’s not too strong as

to be offensive. In fact, I have learned to enjoy the scent over the past year. The content of the Armor All Protectant is a white opaque liquid similar to sunscreen for humans. For me, Armor All is something that a car owner needs to maintain the beauty of her car from premature aging. While most products are made elsewhere, this product is still made in the USA. A good thing if you ask me since I am so used to companies outsourcing the manufacture of their products to China and other Asian countries. It also comes with a satisfaction and money-back guarantee. So far, I have been very satisfied with the use of this product so I don’t think I will ever take the company up on that guarantee. As with all cleaning products, care should be taken when using this one and it should be kept out of reach of children.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 97101288810231/k2311a107/10.7.10