Evian Hydrating Face Mist  » Cosmetics  »
  • I believe the mist gets rid of that prickly hot feeling
  • It sets everything but beyond that, I love how the mineral water prevents the thick foundation from caking
  • Traveling could cost me more than just jetlags
  • Evian releases very fine droplets and I like the softness of its mist
  • If you’re looking for something to give your makeup an extra mileage – transcontinental or not, I highly recommend this face mist

• by jhunie

In the tennis court, I usually take an evian facial spray with me. Playing tennis is my favorite physical recreation. For sporty, yet beauty-conscious individuals like me, this hydrating face mist works to perk up my chaffed skin, especially the icky sweat-drenched forehead rubbing against my sun visor, I spray this mist before I wipe myself up with a towel. It feels soothing afterwards. I just hate it when you feel the sweat dripping off your face as it dissipates along the breeze. I believe the mist gets rid of that prickly hot feeling. My face could reach a boiling point under the sun and turn red. It’s like one of those moments when you wish for a chilled slice of watermelon to cool yourself down. I’d like to think this is my refreshing watermelon to rehydrate my face. It’s very moisturizing but it doesn’t recondition the redness. It seems to calm down the humid feeling though.

I also incorporate this to my makeup as a setting mist. I’ve ran out of the jurlique rose water mist which actually served me more as a perfume

than a setting spray. I’m now seeing the benefits of using a setting mist at this time of the year – more than ever. The cold weather has been getting quite depressing lately and so is my skin. Setting mists have never appealed to me before as a staple or a necessary fix for my makeup, probably because I was trying to restrain my ‘dry’ makeup from aggravating my oily skin. Although, I don’t get to use this setting mist most of the time, it really fortifies the adherence of my makeup. When the occasion calls for a heavier coverage like a tacky oil-free foundation, I spray this face mist once I’m done with everything to seal the makeup. It sets everything but beyond that, I love how the mineral water prevents the thick foundation from caking. The mist of water seems to soften the crumbly texture of foundation and it holds everything in place. It takes away the ashen finish of powders too.

As a pre-makeup toner, I don’t see its potential to regulate my skin’s natural propensity to become oily. I find my l’oreal toner ...

• still works for that matter. But on the bright side, it really hydrates my face. I was actually introduced to this product inadvertently while boarding a flight and saw women spraying this evian mist on their faces. This is a very essential item to have every time I’m out and about. Traveling could cost me more than just jetlags; I also hate it when you couldn’t find a decent place to wash up, especially for out of town trips – going to a remote beach, for one, with limited facilities where even tap water is unavailable and couldn’t afford to do a proper cleansing. To moisten my face, I give it a spritz, after which I remove all traces of makeup, particularly sunscreen using facial wipes. It makes me feel better that way and it leaves my skin clean. I suppose the mist helps in really sweeping out all the residue of cosmetics because my face feels bare – just like its natural texture, rather than the slight stickiness if I fail to cleanse thoroughly.

The content of the spray is pure mineral water and is said to contain

certain minerals which could only be sourced from the Alps. Some facial sprays are a bit tricky to work with because they dispense a strong mist or stream, thus ruining makeup. Evian releases very fine droplets and I like the softness of its mist. It doesn’t give a blow. If I spray it over my face without makeup, the vapor creates a very subtle sheen. I didn’t like the faint feeling of something moist over my face but it didn’t hang around for long. The only thing I regret is that I bought a larger bottle, I’m not certain if there might be other smaller travel-sized counterparts of this item but I hope I could downsize it a bit so it’s more handy to squeeze inside the purse. It takes plenty of space as if I’m lugging a water bottle. The advantage to this is that it last longer though. I have it now for months.

At 11 dollars, this has to be the cheapest face mist I’ve afforded. If you’re looking for something to give your makeup an extra mileage – transcontinental or not, I highly recommend this face mist.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317101288790231/k2311a107/10.7.10