Care One Dandruff Shampoo  » Health  »
  • I am not particularly fond of dandruff shampoos and definitely not a store brand
  • I decided to give it a try because it would at least get my hair semi-clean
  • I don't like strong shampoo smells because I have allergies
  • I wasn't impressed with this shampoo at all
  • I like thicker shampoos because it makes me feel like I am not just using water to clean my hair

• by Dawn

I used Care One Dandruff Shampoo after spending the night at someone else’s house. I had forgotten to pack my own shampoo. I am not particularly fond of dandruff shampoos and definitely not a store brand. I didn’t have any choice though. I decided to give it a try because it would at least get my hair semi-clean.

I poured a little of the Care One Dandruff Shampoo into the palm of my hand and then lathered it into my hair. It didn’t lather really well, but it lathered. I wasn’t impressed though. It did smell just like it’s counterpart, Head and Shoulders though.

That is a smell I can deal with because it’s just like a clean type of smell. It isn’t overpowering. I don’t like strong shampoo smells because I have allergies. I washed my hair thoroughly with the shampoo and then rinsed it out. My hair is always knotty but it seemed more so now than it usually was. When I blew my hair dry, it had a lot of frizz to it and it was rather flat looking. I wasn’t impressed with this shampoo at all.

I would not purchase this product. I only tried it because it was in the tub. Using it didn’t ...

• convince me that I should purchase it myself. I don’t have dandruff problems anyway so it wouldn’t be likely that I would need to purchase a dandruff shampoo in the first place. The reason that I don’t care much for dandruff shampoos in general is that they usually leave my hair flat and lifeless other than the frizzies and fly aways. I would much prefer to purchase a shampoo that leaves my hair looking full and smooth. No dandruff shampoo has ever done that for me.

I would not recommend Care One Dandruff shampoo for anyone. The shampoo itself was a bit on the runny

side. I like thicker shampoos because it makes me feel like I am not just using water to clean my hair. I imagine that most others feel the same way about that as I do. If you have dandruff problems and you can’t afford Head and Shoulders, Care One will probably work just fine to get rid of the dandruff. However, I would suggest that you try to get the more expensive shampoo to get a better job done with it. There is a very noticeable difference between the two types of shampoos and this is one of those times that you get what you pay for.

Joseph says :

re : I like thicker shampoos because it makes me feel like I am not just using water to clean my hair
    I use Care One products especially the Shampoo WHY???

Because it is carried and provided to Patients in Hospitals.

If the Hospital decided it is safe for patients then it is MORE than good enough for me.

Sept. 13, 2014 - I had a dozen bottles but ran out - Now I noticed my local Food chain Giants is NOT carrying this product though the Care One site states Giants is a major carrier of Care One products.
    I’ve noticed Giants corp. is moving towards products which provides higher profits REGARDLESS of the NEEDS and WANTS of their CUSTOMERS. Just think about that….some Giant Corp. Executives are deciding what you will use need in YOUR LIFE This not only is Health care products but the food your Pets will eat - the local store reduced their shelf space of BUTTER by 90% Instead of the average ten rows of BUTTER - there was only one spot the size to allow a pound of butter to fit. Butter - a food you enjoy on your pancakes use in your recipes This went on for weeks - and after I notified the employees responsible for stocking the shelves to no avail. After a month had passed and communicating this to Giant personnel I had a strong conversation with the Manager of the store whom DID confirm that Giants is trying to steer customers to products which generate the highest of profits - He actually tried to persuade me to buy the`FAKE’ butter.

I have Switched to shopping in a different store - not just because of the BUTTER and the CARE ONE products but because of MANY short comings AND because they have practices which in my opinion jeopardizes the safety and health of their customers.
    In example: Giving customers cold cuts in their hands - then the customer handles products - decides they do not want it and place them back on the shelf - this spreads and breeds bacteria The employees use gloves whilst handling this food AND`all employees must wash their hands before leaving the restroom’ Do I really need to explain or support my opinions further?
    Over use the spray in the produce section accelerating decay and rot of vegetables.

Amanda says :

I like taking different shampoos on hair, everything depends on the season and condition of my hair, whats more I can say the texture of my hair as well as the other parts of my health can remember all the best that was taked in to during several years that has past all ready. if I took the shampoo with natural ingridients while living in one area and taking a shower with special water content and it was great for me my hair will be glad to see it again no matter whereI will take this shampoo.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347101288760231/k2311a107/10.7.10