Shawshank Redemption  » Movies  »
  • This story has one of the best scripts that I have ever seen
  • I love Andy, Red and many of the other characters that steal your heart even though they are all prisoners
  • I would recommend that everyone see this movie

• by Dawn

Shawshank Redemption is a movie set in the 1940’s. I first saw Shawshank Redemption some 10 years ago and it quickly became one of my favorites. I watch it every time that I see it on television and I own the DVD to it. This story has one of the best scripts that I have ever seen. It is an absolutely brilliant movie from start to finish. I love Andy, Red and many of the other characters that steal your heart even though they are all prisoners. They somehow find a way to touch you like you have never been touched before.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when Red comes up for parole. He gives a

very convincing speech to them only to be denied parole. It almost makes me cry every time I see it. The entire movie is very touching. It makes me stop to think about how much I value my freedom and the ability to make every day decision for myself. Shawshank Redemption jolts me back into reality at times. It’s a reminder that there are innocent people who go to jail. It is a reminder that the simple things that we take for granted could truly be taken away at anytime without notice. I am reminded of hope when I watch this movie as well. Andy continually holds on to his hope. He believes that his freedom will be returned to ...

• him someday and he stops at nothing to make that happen.

I try to think of the storyline in terms of how I would react if I were put in a similar situation. I wonder if I would be able to hold onto hope or sanity for more than a day. I doubt that I would but Andy just keeps going year after year. He never has the intention of giving in. When the system fails him, he finds a way to beat it. He works his way out of the prison and back into real life. That is what we should all hope to be. I am reminded that the only way to beat it is to keep on

fighting for it. Eventually, things will happen. Hope is something that we hang on to when all seems lost. Andy reminds us of this when he is trying to make the prison a better place for all who have to live there. That isn’t an easy task but he somehow pulls it off.

I would recommend that everyone see this movie. It is absolutely one of the all time best movies ever made. I watch it over and over again and never get tired of it. It is likely that you would love it as well. I will never grow weary of watching the magic on the screen as the characters come to life and give life an entirely different meaning.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117101288640131/k2311a107/10.7.10