Fiddler’s Crab House Restaurant
2 Barnard st , Savannah Georgia
  • The best thing about this restaurant was the river view
  • We sat upstairs by a window overlooking the river , and enjoyed that much of our visit
  • My husband had shrimp and crab cakes , and he wasn't that impressed
  • They do have some delicious hush puppies though , and the food portions were decent
  • I suggest spending your hard earned money at a better place than this

• by Gina Gott

The best thing about this restaurant was the river view. This restaurant is inside a cute historical brick building. It has dining inside and out. We sat upstairs by a window overlooking the river , and enjoyed that much of our visit.

My husband and I were in the mood for some seafood. I ordered some crablegs and a salad. I thought the crablegs were pretty good. My husband had shrimp and crab cakes , and he wasn’t that impressed. He thought his food was kind of bland. Both dishes

were about $20.00 each. They do have some delicious hush puppies though , and the food portions were decent. My husband also ordered a couple of beers for $6.00 each. I had sweet tea for another couple dollars.

The people that work there seem like they don’t like their jobs very much. No one was smiling or really friendly. They took their time in seating us , taking our order , bringing the food , etc. I only got one refill on tea the entire time we were there. The restaurant ...

• was not that busy either. From the hostess to the waitresses , they all just seemed bored and uninterested in waiting on customers. A big part of a restaurant is the atmosphere , and this one was just dull and aggrivating.

For the money I say go somewhere else. The food’ pretty good but not the best. The service is poor , and don’t get me started on the cleanliness of the place. The restaurant itself was pretty clean looking , but the bathroom was dark , dirty ,and scary

looking. I suggest spending your hard earned money at a better place than this.

It is a tourist trap , so don’t be caught unaware. The tavern downstairs is ok I guess , buy a t-shirt and say you’ve been there once. Once is probabley all it will take to make you not want to go back. I can be ignored at a Captain’s D’s , not at an expensive restaurant. On a positive note , they do have a live band late at night if you want to check that out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 77101288500131/k2311a107/10.7.10