Carmex Healing Cream Skin Protectant  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think it's super cool that Carmex came out with a lotion
  • But I was definitely experiencing some cracked cuticles and cracked heels around my feet and this lotion is fantastic for those areas of the body, and the knees, anywhere you are going to get thick cracked and dry skin, because this gets right under all that dry and cracked skin and gets to the root of the problem
  • The lotion had a nice cooling effect too when applied that I really liked, because I found it a bit invigorating

• by Anasuya

I think it’s super cool that Carmex came out with a lotion. Maybe they have a whole line of products that I don’t even know about and maybe that’s something I need to look into because I really loved the Carmex lip balm and use it all the time if I remember to carry it with me, especially on sunny days when the heat and wind is beating against my skin, which is just about every day, even in the dead of winter. Carmex is definitely a trusted brand for me, moreso than something like chapstick or vaseline which I think are far worse for your skin than the Carmex brand of products, though maybe Burts Bees is better than all of them. But Carmex is the most affordable for what you get, so I wont be complaining too much and I was so happy to find the Carmex Healing Cream Skin

protectant because I’d been looking to replace my old bottle of lotion which had seen better days.

The Carmex Healing Cream Skin Protectant is something I almost wouldn’t even call a lotion. It’s very thick, and when I say thick, I mean like a bar of cream cheese thick. The tube is small, and it might seem expensive for the size of the tube, but trust me when I say you don’t need to use a lot at one time to get the full benefits and a good idea of how well this product really works, and I’d say that I’d even reserve it for the painfully dry skin and not just normally moisturizing. This is some tough stuff, for sure.

It’s a non greasy formula, so you don’t feel like you’re rubbing half-frozen vaseline into your hands or skin forever. It does take a while to absorb, but that’s just because ...

• of the pure thickness of the product. And it’s concentrated, so you only need a dime sized amount on your hand to rub in and that’s more than enough to cover and moisturize an entire limb, even a leg. Most people would have to lather a lotion on to get the same results, but not so with this product. It says it absorbs fast, which is one of the reasons I bought it, but I think I had a totally different experience than most, because I felt like I was rubbing it in for a good five minutes before I no longer felt slick to the touch. But that’s okay. I’m not complaining about that one little bit because I still loved this lotion and what it was able to do for me.

I wouldn’t say I was experiencing painfully dry skin at the time, though it can sometimes happen that way

for me. But I was definitely experiencing some cracked cuticles and cracked heels around my feet and this lotion is fantastic for those areas of the body, and the knees, anywhere you are going to get thick cracked and dry skin, because this gets right under all that dry and cracked skin and gets to the root of the problem.

It has a really pleasant scent, but I wouldn’t say much more about the smell either way. It was nice, but nothing to get too excited about it, and at least it didn’t smell bad, nor was it too overpowering at all. It fell right into the safe zone for me in smell and I can handle that. The lotion had a nice cooling effect too when applied that I really liked, because I found it a bit invigorating. A win for Carmex, but it’s not that I expected anything different really.

Carmex Healing Cream Skin Protectant

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316101288150131/k2311a106/10.6.10