ITW Space Bag Vacuum Seal Storage Cube, Jumbo
  • So I bought the ITW Space Bag Vacuum Seal Storage Cube in a jumbo size which can hold three comforters and pillows all in one container

• by Anasuya

Sometimes I give in to a silly gimick or two from time to time. One such gimick was when I purchased a few of those space bag vacuum seal storage bags. There are certain things I store at certain times of the year, like comforters and sweaters, which I pack away when the weather gets warmer, and I don’t have the space to store them in tubberware containers, but I don’t want to leave them down in the garage in anything else because they’ll get wet or moldy or just plain smell funky by the time I pull them out again and I have to rewash everything before I can use it.

So I bought the ITW Space Bag Vacuum Seal Storage Cube in a jumbo size which can hold three comforters and pillows all in one container. That was perfect

for the three beds, when we’re ready to switch out the blankets for the warmer season. These aren’t like those bags that you suck all the air out of and it flattens them so you can shove them in tight places like underneath a bed. This ends up compressing into a small cube that ends up being a quarter of the size of a tubberware container that we’d have had to use to store the same amount of items.

It has an airtight and watertight zipper and the opening is very wide so it’s easy to fit these large comforters into without shoving it in as a jumbled mess. There’s a little valve that you use to vacuum out the air and most standard vacuum tubes fit it. The bottom of it is square and that’s what makes the cube shape ...

• when all the air has been sucked out of it. You just connect your vacuum hose to it, turn on your vacuum and all the air gets sucked right out of it.

I was doubtful at first that the vacuum hose would be sufficient to get all the air out, like it wouldn’t create a good seal to suck the air out, but I didn’t have any problems with it at all, and the air was taken right out and it condensed a huge amount of comforters and pillows into what I considered to be a very small cube.

And because the bottom of these bags are a harder square section, they stack on top of each other very nicely. After seeing what a good job this one bag did, I ended up going back and buying another one for sweaters

and winter clothes and I was able to fit almost all of mine and my kids winter clothes into one bag and condense it down to this small cube that stacked right on top of the other cube.

And because it took up even less space than I was anticipating, I didn’t even have to store it in the garage, which is already quickly running out of space as well, and could shove it on a shelf in our linen closet and hardly even notice it’s there because it took up so little room. I did this with spare sheets and everything that we had as well and I’ve saved so much self space in the process. Then you just unzip it when you want to get to something. It’s easy and no fuss at all. I love mine and wouldn’t be without them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 536101288100131/k2311a106/10.6.10