UGlu Super Adhesive All -Purpose Tape Kit  » Housewares  »
  • I didn't even need it for anything when I bought it, but for some reason I really felt compelled to buy it just because it seemed like a convenient and cool idea and my thinking was that you just never know when it might come in handy for something or another
  • I don't like putting holes in my walls if I can avoid it, so when I want to hang something that's relatively light, I'd like to do something other than put a nail in my wall, and this seemed like a good solution when I found several light weight photographs in frames that I wanted to hang in my bathroom
  • I think this was one of those As Seen on TV tapes, but I wasn't sure

• by Anasuya

I honestly don’t even know what prompted me to buy this silly UGlu Super Adhesive All-Purpose Tape Kit. I didn’t even need it for anything when I bought it, but for some reason I really felt compelled to buy it just because it seemed like a convenient and cool idea and my thinking was that you just never know when it might come in handy for something or another.

And sure enough, it did end up coming in handy. I don’t like putting holes in my walls if I can avoid it, so when I want to hang something that’s relatively light, I’d like to do something other than put a nail in my wall, and this seemed like a good solution when I found several light weight

photographs in frames that I wanted to hang in my bathroom. The bathroom needs to be remodeled and already has a lot of holes in the walls (that the photos were meant to cover) so the last thing I wanted to do was add to that with more nail holes.

This tape is waterproof, so it’s good for use in the bathroom where the humidity levels might be a little high and it bonds instantly. It comes in a roll, and you can cut it down to size to suit whatever needs you have, and it even removes easily, without any residue or mess, or so it said. I think this was one of those As Seen on TV tapes, but I wasn’t sure.

It can bond to ...

• carpets, canvas and other fabrics, tile, glass, cement, wallpaper, you name it and it will stick. Our bathroom is wallpapered, so it seemed like a good idea. I cut it down and stuck it to the four corners of the frame and figured out where I wanted to position it on the wall and went to sticking it. And surprisingly, it didn’t come crashing down off the wall the minute I let go. It stayed in place! It’s been hanging there for more than four weeks now, just using this simple tape, and I didn’t have to put a single hole in the wall to make it happen.

It’s supposed to be able to hold heavy things as well, but I don’t want to take the chance and

find out just to have precious belongs crashing to the floor. But for lightweight things it seems to work great, anything under five pounds we’ve been able to successfully hang with this tape.

We’ve used it for other things too, like keeping rugs in place. We have a woven rug in the kitchen and the bathroom each, and they always slide around on the tile floor, so we cut longer strips of this tape, put a strip on each end of the rug and stuck it to the floor and it’s stayed in place perfectly. No more walking into the kitchen and almost falling because the rug is being swept out from beneath you, literally! I love this tape. What a great alternative to nails and other inconveniences.

Penny Casselman says :

I work for the manufacturer of UGlu and would like to talk to you further about your experience with our product. Input from customers like you is invaluable Please feel free to email me your contact information and I can contact you at a time and date that works with your schedule. Thank you. Penny Casselman plcasselman bemis.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 536101287851231/k2311a106/10.6.10