Pangandaran Beach  » Travel  »
Pananjung village, Kecamatan Pangandaran, Kabupaten Ciamis, West Java, Indonesia
  • If you want to go to the beach, then you should consider the Pangandaran beach
  • I think this is the best beach on the Java Island
  • These events are unique and I believe it’s just held in this place
  • One of the most interesting events is the traditional culture from local residents, which is called “Hajat Laut ceremony”
  • After this ritual, all local residents will eat together in the village hall and many tourists including me are offered to join with them to enjoyed foods

• by mardy

If you want to go to the beach, then you should consider the Pangandaran beach. This beach is located on the south coast, Pananjung village Ciamis district, Indonesia. The beach is located about 92 kilometers from the Ciamis town. I think this is the best beach on the Java Island.

I have several times visited this beach, so I can explain this exotic and beautiful place. On this beach, I always feel calm and comfortable, so I can relax my body and my mind from routine activities. This beach has beautiful white sand that spread broadly all over the place.

I am very pleased to see calm waves and clear water in Pangandaran beach, and it always makes me want to swim. The waves at Pangandaran beach are pretty quiet so tourists are allowed to swim or surf at the sea. However, my favorite moment is when I can see the sunrise and

the sunset at the same place or where I stand before.

This beach has many tourist attractions, and I really enjoy all of them. Although there are many attractions, but my favorite is diving facilities. I am very pleased to see the beauty of marine parks and fish which I haven’t seen before. Other facilities in this beach are Jet Ski, biking along the coast, movie theaters, discotheques, tour guides, water-boom, parasailing and parking lot. For the parking lot, I don’t have to worry if I can’t park my car, because the local government has provided a wide parking lot area in this beach.

The accommodation in this beach also excellent, this beach has several hotels with great services. However, if I did not stay at the hotel, I usually choose to stay at the tourist lodge, or motel. Almost all hotels in Pangandaran beach set a cheap price for the tourist. The ...

• average lodgings are varied from $35 to $230 per day.

One of my reasons to visit Pangandaran beach is to watch regular events. These events are unique and I believe it’s just held in this place. These events performed regularly to attract local tourists and foreign tourists. One of the most interesting events is the traditional culture from local residents, which is called “Hajat Laut ceremony”. This is a ceremony ritual as a gratitude to the God by preparing foods from the farm on a boat into the sea. After this ritual, all local residents will eat together in the village hall and many tourists including me are offered to join with them to enjoyed foods. This makes me feel “warm” because the local residents are very nice and friendly.

There is a bigger event to attract foreign tourists to this beach. Pangandaran beach local government usually held a Kite International Festival every

June or July. So, this is just an annual event to attract more tourists, especially foreign tourists. However, this is not an ordinary kite festival. The kite player should provide a “Koang Kite” to get play in this festival. Koang Kite is a big kite with unique design and colors. The kite will create a sound when it is flying to the air. This sound is come from the thick string behind the kite and when the string is vibrating because of air, it will create a loud sound. This event is very interesting because there are hundreds players join this festival, so I can watch many unique kites, and of course the beach will be crowded.

I think this is a very good place for your vacation time. All facilities, the traditional culture and beautiful beach are made the Pangandaran beach become one of the famous beaches in the Java Island.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 386101287521231/k2311a106/10.6.10