Shingar Ayurvedic Kajal - Black Eyeliner Paste  » Cosmetics  »
  • But I do still keep a jar of Shingar Kajal always as I feel that when it comes to lining the waterline this is the best
  • The cost is super cheap and I can get it for just $1.50 at any Indian store

• by true_value

The Shingar Ayurvedic Kajal brings back memories of my cherished childhood and infancy days (pictures of course). My mother used to dot my forehead with the Kajal when I was a baby and even used to add an additional dot near my right temple or sometimes the left to ward off the evil eye.

The Kajal has been around in India since ages and used widely by women and even men to darken their eyes and lashes. It is also used on infants as young as newborns as it is believed to be cooling to the eyes and when used as a dot to ward off the evil eye cast by envious people. It may sound superstitious but it is just something mothers did to keep their lovely babies safe. It is like you see a beautiful face and then notice a huge black mole on the face it distracts you from the beauty and kind of breaks the envy.

Well, although times have changed and cosmetics

have evolved and grown the Shringar Kajal still remains in the scene and is as strong as ever. The formula has changed it is now made in a more scientific and hygienic process to meet the modern health standards. But the packaging remains the same old fashioned little plastic black jar/pot that it used to be.

I use a lot of different types of eyeliners like liquid, pencils, cream eyeliner and gel. But I do still keep a jar of Shingar Kajal always as I feel that when it comes to lining the waterline this is the best. When compared with any other medium this is the longest wearing, provides the most intense black, gives precise application, is totally waterproof and does not smudge.

This is Kajal in its most traditional form. The true Kajal comes in paste form. The pencil Kajal is the recent modifications and I am not in love with any of those just because they have a lot of fillers in them to give ...

• them that stiffness. I prefer the paste that resembles a gel. I have many times used it to line my upper lid also and I normally use my eyeliner brush to apply. It gives the smoothest application and the darkest glossy black appearance but this unlike gel does not dry, it is not designed to day and it will remain as it is on the lid and will create a line on the crease so it is a must to set it with translucent or white loose powder to set it. And once set it is absolutely water and smudge proof and will remove only with eye makeup remover.

As for the application on the waterline I feel that applying with freshly washed clean finger is the best way. I touch the Kajal paste with my pointing finger and gently pulling down my lower eyelid with the other hand the same way as I would if I were using a pencil liner I place the black paste

into my entire waterline in a thin layer and viola perfectly applied precise intense black line and this one does not even need setting with powder or anything else.

Because it is an Ayurvedic formulation it has medicinal properties, which is known to be good for the eyes. In olden days Kajal was used to protect eyes from the sun. On application of the Kajal in the waterline my eyes feel very cooled and refreshed. In fact it clears red eyes and makes the white look whiter and healthy.

The jar itself is all black and very old fashioned. It is nothing special just a small coin sized jar with the Shingar logo embossed on the lid and comes in a sealed red plastic cover. The cost is super cheap and I can get it for just $1.50 at any Indian store.

I not only use on myself but also on my baby daughter just the way my mother used to on me. I do highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316101287501231/k2311a106/10.6.10