Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex (serum)  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think of me as a snob to anti-aging products
  • I’ve just noticed of late that very small crease lines are forming, of all places – on my wide forehead
  • One of the best, up my alley, is this Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
  • After an irregular and short span of time using the night serum, I thought it significantly controlled the zits from breaking out often
  • I like the serum because it supplements enough hydration wherever it needs a lot, and wherever it needs a little

• by jhunie

I think of me as a snob to anti-aging products. It’s easy to be overwhelmed to this new wave of premium face creams promising a younger looking visage. I’ve just noticed of late that very small crease lines are forming, of all places – on my wide forehead! I’ve asked people and they couldn’t tell it. But it bothers me now. I do facial massages in the morning to improve the turgor of my skin. I’ve also been testing out some face creams and so far, I’ve come up with really good items. One of the best, up my alley, is this Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. I don’t have a very comprehensive tale to tell regarding this night serum since I started using it only 4 weeks ago. A month may afford me a few observations and indeed, this anti-aging serum seems to be the real deal.

Probably the worst areas of my face are the bumpy corners along each side of my nose. For oily skin types like me, the oils drain in these crevices all the time. My nose seems like a hotspot for blackheads, I’ve been meaning to get rid of them to no avail. And its hidden corners serve as a spawning ground of minor zits – breaking out every so often.

I don’t mind these covert nooks because it’s easy to cover them up with concealer. Later on, after much exfoliation and treatments, I was able to stop the area from breaking out. But it resulted to red patches of skin on both sides of the nose, and I now have this visible capillary etched on one side – like a tiny thread of a spider’s web. The red patches could be easily corrected by foundation or concealers, but I have often wished to treat this area. After an irregular and short span of time using the night serum, I thought it significantly controlled the zits from breaking out often. The best part of my story was seeing the patches of skin get better and the lone capillary shrinking in size – this is where its repairing function really makes a strong testament, perhaps.

The serum reminds me of those expensive vitamin C infusions, except that it doesn’t sting or peel the skin. The consistency is not very resistant to flow so it doesn’t feel like putting sticky gel on one’s face. I didn’t douse my face of this serum more than I shouldn’t have; in fact, I used it sparingly for the first week since I was scared it might break me out. 2 drops of this anti-aging concoction covers a lot ...

• plus a little extra on my neck. It spreads nice and gets absorbed within minutes. It settles with a clean feeling and the next day, my face wears this lightly smooth texture. My moisture levels seem balanced in the morning as well.

It smells of something clinical but doesn’t linger a long time on your face, after which I slather my moisturizer and it’s strong enough to devour the serum’s faint scent. Actually, I know my face too well and I’m quite certain that specific areas of my face have specific needs. My T zone is oilier than the rest of my face so I have to compromise my night cream to cover only the parts where optimal hydration is truly needed – that includes my cheeks and chin. My nighttime moisturizer usually breaks me out over the T zone so I use this advanced night repair serum on this troubled area, the parameters of which covering my forehead and nose only. If I were to moisturize right after I exfoliate, then I would put aside my night cream every other day and apply this serum throughout the entire face. I like the serum because it supplements enough hydration wherever it needs a lot, and wherever it needs a little. It sounds a little vague but I appreciate the regulated amount

/> of moisture I get from this product. I feel it suits my skin better than most self-indulgent heavy creams.

As for erasing lines, my forehead didn’t reveal the least bit of improvement. Sometimes, my sister says I’m just mentally drawing lines in my head when they don’t visually and physically exist on my face. If I really look closer, I do have very very faint lines waiting to surface – I hope not someday, especially the facial muscles that crease when I lift my eye brows. But I feel good about this serum. In the real world, I haven’t really come close to a miraculous anti-aging product anyway. I guess my most important objective while I’m still in my youth is to prevent the lines from coming out and I hope to stick around extensively with this night repairing serum. I don’t think this little bottle I have would last longer though. I’m not sure if I would buy it again, the price (80 dollars) is hard to come by these days. But granted money is no object – I’ll be more than willing to spend on this. To people who have beauty issues such as aging, acne and the like, I really approve of this serum. It doesn’t give your face a major overhaul, yet I appreciate that it repairs the small imperfections.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316101287441231/k2311a106/10.6.10