Kansas City Hyatt Regency Hotel-Crown Center  » Hotels  »
2345 McGee St. Kansas City, Mo
  • This hotel is probably the best value in the downtown area, because the extras are free, the rooms are beautiful, and you can't beat the location
  • The children never have to leave the warmth of any building to get from place to place, and I love the beautiful and elegant decor of the entire complex
  • On the upside though, the hotel staff are amazing

• by inspired1

Kansas City is a popular destination for travelers year round. One of my favorite destinations when attending downtown events, is the Hyatt Regency- Crown Center. This hotel is probably the best value in the downtown area, because the extras are free, the rooms are beautiful, and you can’t beat the location.

This is my favorite family friendly hotel. My husband and I pack up the children every year to see the Mayor’s Christmas tree lighting (which is at Crown Center). The hotel is connected to all of the Crown Center shops, parking areas, ice

skating terrace, and even the Union Station train depot. The children never have to leave the warmth of any building to get from place to place, and I love the beautiful and elegant decor of the entire complex.

The rooms are beautifully appointed, with marble baths, sleep number beds, and a wonderful panoramic view of the city. Package deals are easily found on the web, and often include free breakfast or $20 in gift certificates to be spent at the hotel or neighboring shops. I love the quiet ambience of the lobby, and the ...

• flexibility of being able to take the children to the room for a nap when necessary.

I love the fact that some of the best restaurants in town are connected as well. The Peppercorn Duck Club is fabulous, and the children just adore the very extensive Chocolate Buffett.

For those that intend to view the Plaza Lighting ceremony, this hotel offers a shuttle service. The Plaza is usually packed, so we prefer not to stay in the middle of all the chaos. It is nice to retire to our quiet little hotel, and not

have to worry about the safety of our vehicle all night.

Typically you can find this hotel for a nominal $89-$129 a night, even on weekends. We have tried several of the cheaper hotels in the area, and all of them have been a huge mistake.

My only complaint about the hotel is the elevators. The hotel has plenty of elevators, but they are very slow. On the upside though, the hotel staff are amazing! I couldn’t have been happier with the service.

Overall, I give this hotel a 9, for comfort, convenience, safety, value, and friendly staff.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26101287221131/k2311a106/10.6.10