Hemostan 500mg Capsule  » Medicine  »
  • At first, I thought it was just due to a prolonged menstrual cycle and I really hoped that the bleeding will pass but when large blood clots half the size of my palm started coming out, I started to panic and immediately scheduled for an appointment with my gynecologist
  • When I called my gynecologist’s office, I found out that she was out of the country but that she had left a substitute to take care of her clients
  • I explained my problem and she had me do a trans-vaginal ultrasound which hurt like hell but after giving her the results, she explained it in detail and said that she might have to do a D and C which is a procedure to scrape and collect the tissue from inside the uterus
  • I was still bleeding that day but after a few hours of taking the medicine, I noticed a considerable lessening of the bleeding
  • It is definitely not recommended for pregnant women and the doctor had to be sure I wasn’t pregnant so she made me take an ultrasound before prescribing the medicine

• by thehappymom

I have been experiencing very heavy bleeding for the past several days, two weeks to be exact. At first, I thought it was just due to a prolonged menstrual cycle and I really hoped that the bleeding will pass but when large blood clots half the size of my palm started coming out, I started to panic and immediately scheduled for an appointment with my gynecologist. When I called my gynecologist’s office, I found out that she was out of the country but that she had left a substitute to take care of her clients. In any case, I was getting hysterical but decided to consult with the substitute who turned out to be very nice.

I explained

my problem and she had me do a trans-vaginal ultrasound which hurt like hell but after giving her the results, she explained it in detail and said that she might have to do a D and C which is a procedure to scrape and collect the tissue from inside the uterus. I have never had a D and C done before and I didn’t like the sound of it so I asked if I could just take medications for it and she prescribed me Hemostan 500mg Capsules.

According to the good doctor, Hemostan should help stop the bleeding in three days. Combined with Ponstan, she said for me to take the medicine three times a day for three consecutive days. After talking to her and receiving the prescription, I immediately went to the local drugstore to get the medicine. I was still bleeding that day but after a few hours of taking the medicine, I noticed a considerable lessening of the bleeding. It used to be that I could soak 4 overnight pads in one day and it would get especially worse everytime I coughed or sneezed. I took the medicine at 8pm that night and by 12 midnight, I could not even soak a whole sanitary pad.

The next morning, I again took the combination of Hemostan and Ponstan and by this time, the bleeding was definitely slowing and the pad from the night before was ...

• Hemostan 500mg Capsule
      not even full. I am just about to go on my second day now with the medicines but I have to say that Hemostan is really effective in stopping the bleeding. Today, I changed my napkin thrice but none of the pads were completely soaked in blood. It is a far cry from what I had to go through the past several days.

Hemostan 500mg Capsule comes in a tamper resistant pack and the capsule itself measures less than an inch long. Despite its length, it is very easy to swallow. There are two colors to the capsule: yellow and orange and while it looks like candy, it’s a very potent medicine. It is not recommended for prolonged

use especially in patients predisposed to thrombosis. It is definitely not recommended for pregnant women and the doctor had to be sure I wasn’t pregnant so she made me take an ultrasound before prescribing the medicine. Despite the ultrasound, the doctor also asked me to take a home-pregnancy test to be doubly sure. It really is an effective anti-hemorrhagic medicine and caution should be taken for patients who have cardiovascular, renal or cerebrovascular diseases.

Since Hemostan was prescribed to me by my doctor, it should not be taken by anyone without a prescription. It’s hard to experiment with medicines so even if you have a case similar to mine, consultation with a gynecologist or health professional is still paramount before taking any medicine.

Hemostan 500mg Capsule
Shana says :

I used injectables as contraceptives..my last dose was april this year yet i still have bleeding til now… my oby gave me hemostan..good for three days.. tomorrow would be the third day yet it seemed there’s no effect on my bleeding..im also taking lamosyn,an anti’siezure drug because im epileptic. Could lamosyn be causing the bleeding?

Galega says :

You haven’t mentioned the duration for which you are experiencing bleeding.

I would suggest you to again consult the OBGyne and ask for suggestion since the current prescription has not worked. Let her properly diagnose the problem. In my opinion, Lamosyn can’t cause spotting. But, bring this fact also to the notice of the doctor.

James Chiartas says :

My wife was prescribed this the day of her tooth extraction. When she came home after the surgery her eyelids and the skin around her eyes were puffed up and filled with blood. This is one serious side effect of this drug. The dentist said she needed this for excessive bleeding.

If you’re not a hemophiliac, then there is no reason to take this drug If your taking this drug for a menstrual cycle, STOP

I’ve read so many comments from women on this site all saying their having problems and the doctors want to run additional tests. Just another way to make more money. There is a reason why this drug is only used in Asia. No other country will use it.

In the states, your dentist will ask you before surgery if you bleed excessively. If you do, they will administer a safer alternative to Hemostan. It took more than a week of warm compresses on my wife’s eyes to get back to normal. Only 2 pills of Hemostan 500mg did this.

This drug is made here in the Philippines. Unless your a hemophiliac or you bleed excessively while menstruating, don’t take this drug. The serious side effects can cause permanent damage.

Did you ever consider that your hemoglobin is dropping because your taking Hemostan? It’s used to clot your blood.

James Chiartas says :

re : At first, I thought it was just due to a prolonged menstrual cycle and I really hoped that the bleeding will pass but when large blood clots half the size of my palm started coming out, I started to panic and immediately scheduled for an appointment with my gynecologist
Reading these comments look like they were written by UNILAB employees This drug has very serious side effects pertaining to severe swelling of the eyelids that can last 7 days or more. If you are not a HEMOPHILLIAC, don’t take this. Bleeding after a tooth extraction is normal. Your body will naturally stop the bleeding without drugs. My wife went through 4 days of hell, with burning and itching eyes. I have pictures of her during this time and UNILAB just swept it under the table. THIS DRUG IS DANGEROUS IF YOU WANT LINKS SHOWING THE DANGERS OF TAKING THIS DRUG, PLEASE EMAIL ME. jgc195[at]gmail.com

ml says :

Is hemostan and vit. K are the same and with the same action?

Galega says :

Hemostan is tranexamic acid which is prescribed in case of extreme bleeding. It has nothing to do with Vitamin K.

Jo T. Arana says :

What is the generic name of Hemostan? Has it a contraindication for someone being treated for migraine and with pacemaker?

Galega says :

The generic name of Hemostan is Tranexamic acid. Regarding migraine medicine and pacemaker, you should take Hemostan only after consulting your doctor.

-33
Angie Aledia says :

I`m having the same experience, the only difference is I really have to undergo a D C procedure and blood transfusion because my hemoglobin count was really dropping, that was only last month. I was advised to have a 2-wk bedrest and just last Dec.14 I started bleeding again up to yesterday. Now I`m taking a combination of hemostan primolut as per my gynecologist advice.

Galega says :

When Hg count is on continuous downward form, you need to be under medical supervision. In your case, the bleeding seems to be the main reason behind low Hg count. Hemostan and Primolut N are good medicines to be given in this condition. Hemostan should improve hemoglobin count while Primolut N should help you tackle bleeding easily. One it is over, you must consult the OBGyne and ask for permanent solution of this bleeding issue. There might be some hormonal issues with you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 265101286740531/k2311a105/10.5.10