Mysore Sandal Gold, Natural Sandalwood & Almond Soap  » Cosmetics  »
  • The size of the soap is pretty big with a weight of 125g (4.41 oz) and the cost of it was $1.60 which I felt was on the expensive side as it was more expensive than other regular soaps
  • The fragrance however seems to be less noticeable with use and leaving it out and is much milder than that first time experience fresh out of the box
  • I love showering with the Mysore Sandal Soap especially during the hot and humid summer days as it keeps me smelling and feeling fresh even with all the sweat

• by true_value

Even though I mostly use liquid body washes, I do like to use a bar of soap once a while. There is just something nice and indulgent about using a bar of soap that is old fashioned, brings back memories of the good old days, seems to give a cleaner wash without that slimy feel that most liquid body washes tend to leave on the skin.

I do get tempted to try soaps that are made with natural ingredients and are fragrant. While I was looking for a new soap to try I came across the Mysore Sandal Gold, Natural Sandalwood & Almond Soap Enriched with Moisturizers. I have tried their regular classic soap but this one seems to be the glamorized version of the regular soap.

The size of the soap is pretty big with a weight of 125g (4.41 oz) and

the cost of it was $1.60 which I felt was on the expensive side as it was more expensive than other regular soaps. The packaging was not that elegant. It looked kind of traditional in a pale yellow box with red texts and the name Gold in gold right in the centre of the box.

I noted that the soap has a TFM (total fatty matter) of 80% which is a good sign as anything below 70% is considered lower grade soap. On the side of the box the soap claims to contain 100% natural Mysore Sandalwood Oil distilled by the government of Karnataka. Popularly known as ‘Liquid gold’ and that Sandalwood oil is recommended in ancient Ayurvedic texts for soothing skincare and has been cherished for centuries for its exotic fragrance. Apart from that the soap also claims to be enriched ...

• with lanolin, moisturizer and almond oil, keeps the skin blemish-free bringing a radiant glow to the skin.

I do like the fragrance of sandalwood and have many times used sandalwood paste as a face pack and has had great results with it so the idea of using Sandal soap did sound very appealing to me.

The soap itself is a pale yellow with a slight orange tint and is oval in shape with a slight dent for ease of holding. It was well packed and sealed in clear plastic and has a very evident sandalwood fragrance but surely not overpowering. The fragrance however seems to be less noticeable with use and leaving it out and is much milder than that first time experience fresh out of the box.

In the shower the soap lathers really well and the fragrance is extremely relaxing and soothing in

a sensual way. It cleans well and rinses easily without leaving a residue. Also my skin felt soft and refreshed after the shower.

I love showering with the Mysore Sandal Soap especially during the hot and humid summer days as it keeps me smelling and feeling fresh even with all the sweat. And because it is quite moisturizing I do not require body lotion.

On cooler days however I find it a big drying but it is nothing my body lotion cannot fix. The only thing I didn’t like is its rounded oval shape and being of big size it is quite difficult to hold and quite a few times it slipped and fell out of hand.

Overall it is a great soap that smells wonderful, cleans and refreshes and lasts quite long as it is quite hard and does not dissipate easily.

Priscilla says :

I used mysore Sandal soap nearly three months… I like it’s smell and lathers well and cleansing good…. Initially I feel glow for two weeks…. Later I got pimples in my face….. Before no pimples or rarely only pimples but now more pimples… My skin type oily with dry skin…. Wat can I do… Pls help

Tori says :

Unfortunately, you may be having a negative reaction to the soap. If you have sensitive skin, some soaps with scents or certain ingredients can make you break out. If this is truly due to the soap, I would stop using it and wait for your skin to clear up on its own. But first make sure it’s actually the soap that’s the problem and not something else–have you been eating a lot of a certain food lately? Have you switched brands of makeup or lotion? Have you started using a different laundry detergent? If you can think of other possibilities, you might try testing them first so that you can be sure what’s causing your breakouts and eliminate it from your lifestyle.

Best,

T.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315101286690431/k2311a105/10.5.10