Prilosec  » Medicine  »
  • At some places I noticed that it was out with the other medications, just in a box that the cashier had to remove

• by squishlette

Prilosec is for heartburn relief. My doctor suggested it to me when we were brainstorming what was causing my cough. He thought it might possibly be caused by acid reflux disease. I had been on Nexium previously and hated it.

It gave me really bad side effects. Prilosec is available over the counter and I have to say I really liked it. You have to take it a good hour before you eat in the morning.

Except for some mild stomach irritation I

had no issues. My stomach ache could have been caused by all the different medications I had in my system and not necessarily from the Prilosec. I started taking a probiotic pill in the morning and drinking seltzer water to help calm it.

Within a couple days, the stomach discomfort was gone. The awesome thing about this medication is you don’t have to take it all the time. I bought a two dose pack.

The two doses are broken into two fourteen ...

• day treatments. You take it for fourteen days, then you wait two months before you take the second round. You always have to wait two months.

It helps because those two months you aren’t taking it, you can really tell if it actually worked or not. It was a little on the expensive side, but for the amount I got for the price I can’t complain too much. And now that I don’t have the acid reflux I can hold onto my second

treatment and use it if it comes back.

It was under lock and key at my pharmacy though. They have it behind the counter and you have to ask for it. But my doctor recommended it to me, over the antacids that are out there.

It’s worth the inconvenience of waiting in line. At some places I noticed that it was out with the other medications, just in a box that the cashier had to remove. I guess people try to steal it? I don’t know why.

Prilosec

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 265101286660431/k2311a105/10.5.10