Cooking Concepts Steel Baking Pans
  • I wanted to find something that was not only small but also does not cost an arm and a leg
  • I found some steel baking dishes from Cooking Concept
  • I coated the baking dish with oil and flour in preparation for baking a delicious chocolate cake
  • Upon trying to get the cake out of the pan, I noticed certain areas were sticking
  • I like them better than disposables because they can be used multiple times, but cost the same among

• by adrean_j

I wanted a basic baking dish to make cornbread and baked breads in. I wanted to find something that was not only small but also does not cost an arm and a leg. I found some steel baking dishes from Cooking Concept. I purchased the square cake pan and the loaf pan. They were only a dollar each at my local Dollar Tree store. The pans were quite quaint. I liked that they were small enough to fin in the oven with another pan. In addition, they were space efficient in my cabinets and dish rack. Initially upon using the pans,

they were great. I could toast my breads and make cornbread loafs without any problems. The were easy to grasp and take out of the oven. They were also easy to clean. I could use a scrub pad or sponge and always got good results. Even if a little food would stick to it a little soaking and scrubbing would go a long way.

One thing I did not like, however, was the fact that it was not very good at being non-stick. I coated the baking dish with oil and flour in preparation for baking a delicious chocolate cake. I

then proceeded to bake a cake in the pan. Upon trying to get the cake out of the pan, I noticed certain areas were sticking. The one area would not break loose and I had to literally put the cake back together. I ended up having pieces of the cake on the dish and other pieces still in the pan. This was really frustrating and I was just happy that I was not making the cake for a special occasion or public eyes. After about a month of using the baking dishes, I started to notice something very funny about them.

• Cooking Concepts Steel Baking Pans
      I started to se discoloration. Some areas were blue and black. Eventually the whole pan started to look this way. I really did not use it too often that it should be changing colors.

I would say I only use these baking pans about twice a week. Eventually the pan started to rust and I had to throw it away. I came to the conclusion that these baking dishes are not good for long term use. I t is a good quick fix if you need to bake something ASAP. I like to think of it as a reusable disposable pan.

I like them better than disposables because they can be used multiple times, but cost the same among. I have not yet seen a large baking or roasting pan from cooking Concepts. Therefore, if you are looking or large pans these are not for you. They are good at withstanding heat and come in handy during the holiday. Try to keep them as dry as possible to slow down the process of rusting. All in all these are okay pans. The main thing is just do not get them confused with a pan that will be in your house for years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 535101286190431/k2311a105/10.5.10