Orbit Gum
1.5
  • It's convenient for fans who are used to the color scheme of their favorite flavor
  • I found that after the flavor was gone the gum was virtually unchewable and hard on the jaw
  • I recommend spending less money on new packaging and more money on improving the quality of the product

• by arpster613

I recently received samples of Orbit Gum and its new packaging from BzzAgent. I was super excited because I am always chewing gum. I really liked the new packaging, it’s funky and much different than most gum packaging. Orbit left the colors the same [for example, the bubble gum packaging is still pink] but made the packaging retro and very geometric. It’s convenient for fans who are used to the color scheme

of their favorite flavor. I’m a big fan!

The flavor of the gum was initially very good, but was very short lasting, especially when compared to other types of gum [namely Dentyne Pure and Extra]. Of the six flavors I received, “Sweetmint” was my favorite. It had a very subtle minty flavor that I much prefer to some overpowering varieties of mint [like Dentyne Ice]. I chew gum almost constantly so running ...

• out of flavor quickly is a highly undesirable attribute for gum. It means that I go through more pieces more quickly. In this case, it means that I won’t be buying Orbit.

Another foul attribute of Orbit Gum was its texture. Though it began as normal gum [i.e. soft and chewy] it grew harder as the flavor escaped. I found that after the flavor was gone the gum was virtually unchewable and

hard on the jaw. Perhaps this is fine for those who chew gum for a couple minutes then spit it out, but, as previously stated, I chew gum a lot. I’ll be sticking with my current favorite brands of gum: Dentyne Pure and Extra.

In short, I appreciate the samples, but I will not be buying Orbit Gum. I recommend spending less money on new packaging and more money on improving the quality of the product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 275101286030331/k2311a105/10.5.10