Band-Aid Flexible Fabric Bandages
  • I decided to try Band-aid flexible fabric bandages because the plastic ones always seemed too difficult to work with, especially when they had to be placed on the fingers
  • The cut happened to be right on the area of the knuckle and I thought this was the perfect time to test the new band-aids
  • I would recommend these band-aids for anyone who is accident prone like I am

• by Dawn

I decided to try Band-aid flexible fabric bandages because the plastic ones always seemed too difficult to work with, especially when they had to be placed on the fingers. Plastic band-aids are much too stiff and tend to get wadded up when you bend your fingers. I got band-aid flexible fabric band-aids at the grocery store for $2.50. There were 30 bandages in the box. I figured I didn’t have anything to lose by trying these new fabric band-aids out.

The first time I tried band-aid flexible fabric bandages was when I cut my finger while using a sharp kitchen knife. The cut happened to

be right on the area of the knuckle and I thought this was the perfect time to test the new band-aids. When I got the first band-aid out, I could tell that it would be much nicer to use than the plastic type. I removed the strips from the back of the band-aid and wrapped it around my finger. Since I was curious, I began to bend and move my finger to see if it was any more comfortable than the plastic band-aids. They were indeed more comfortable. They also didn’t wad up as much as the plastic ones would have. They still wadded ...

• up a little though. I did find that after wearing the band-aid for several hours that the sides began to roll up. That didn’t really get in my way but it didn’t look very good and I wasn’t pleased with that. The fabric also began to fray a bit.

All in all, I might purchase the fabric band-aids again. I would suggest that anyone purchasing them be prepared to change them every few hours to keep them from fraying and rolling up. Other than that, it was easier to use my hands while using the fabric band-aids than it is with plastic band-aids. There

always seems to be some type of catch to things and I guess this is what the catch was with the fabric band-aids.

I would recommend these band-aids for anyone who is accident prone like I am. They do work well, but sometimes they don’t look that great. If you want something that looks good, these may not be the band-aid for you. They look fine when you first put them on but they get dirtier a lot faster than the plastic band-aids and when they begin to fray they will look horrendous. It all depends on how good you want a band-aid to look.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345101285490231/k2311a105/10.5.10