Selsum Blue Medicated Menthol Dandruff Shampoo  » Health  »
2.5
  • I would only suggest that you consider using Selsum Blue if you have a severe case of dandruff
  • The medication in the shampoo is very strong and the odor of mentholyptus might not agree with everyone
  • I prefer a much lighter shampoo smell and not one that smells medicated like that
  • Selsum Blue is definitely not for everyday use unless you like to smell like mentholyptus all day long

• by Dawn

I don’t have dandruff but happened to find Selsum Blue in the bathroom at my boyfriends house when I wanted to take a shower. That was the only shampoo that he had so I figured that was what I would have to use. I assume that he had dandruff and was trying to keep it at bay. Although I have never personally purchased the product, you can purchase it for $7.16 at Walmart for a 11 oz. bottle.

When I opened the cap of the bottle to use the Selsum Blue, I realized that it was very medicated. I could smell the mentholyptus in the shampoo and wasn’t crazy about the smell of

it. I don’t want my hair to smell medicated, but since that is all he had, I had to work with it. I poured the shampoo into my hand. The color of the shampoo is a light blue and it is a bit chalky looking. The shampoo itself was very thick. It was almost too thick. I guess that is part of what makes the shampoo work. I truly didn’t care for the shampoo itself. It did apparently work for his dandruff though because I have never seen any dandruff on him at all.

I would only suggest that you consider using Selsum Blue if you have a severe case of dandruff. The ...

• medication in the shampoo is very strong and the odor of mentholyptus might not agree with everyone. I used it in a pinch once because I had not other choice. I, however, would never purchase this shampoo for myself even if I did have an extreme case of dandruff. The odor from it was far too strong for me. I prefer a much lighter shampoo smell and not one that smells medicated like that. Selsum Blue is definitely not for everyday use unless you like to smell like mentholyptus all day long.

I would probably use a much lighter smelling shampoo such as Head and Shoulders if I needed a dandruff shampoo. It doesn’t

have the medicine smell at all and that is important to me. I have in fact used that shampoo because someone else in the family had dandruff and it works quite well for everyone’s hair. Selsum Blue doesn’t hold true in this case. It also left my hair looking a bit oily. Maybe because I didn’t get it all out of my hair or something. I am not sure about that. I did rinse well but it’s such a heavy shampoo that some could have been missed in the process. I will stick to my regular shampoos from now on and make sure that I have it with me everywhere I go, just in case.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345101285430231/k2311a105/10.5.10