Gladys Knight and the Pips Essential Collection Album  » Music  »
  • I bought this CD for a father's day present for my father a couple of years ago,and since then I have listened to it a few times even though I am not very fond of soul music
  • I think that it was a company called Hip-ho that did the compact disk too I am also thankful that this album does not have any remixes on it, since I am not usually very fond of modern remixes for some of these older songs of different genres
  • Some popular Gladys Knight songs that I am familiar with that are on the CD are songs such as Every Beat of My Heart , I Heard It Through the Grapevine , If I Were Your Woman , Midnight Train to Georgia , The Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me , and a certain song that I had never ever knew Gladys Knight sung called Hero (Wing Beneath My Wings)
  • Perhaps I am the only one who has a problem with this too, maybe because I do not have a love for soul music
  • Nevertheless I still recommend the essential collection album to all Gladys Knight and the Pips fans

• by Redtape

I bought this CD for a father’s day present for my father a couple of years ago,and since then I have listened to it a few times even though I am not very fond of soul music.

The album has basically all the songs I have heard over the years from the soul group “Gladys Knight and the Pips” and they

are all of very good quality, as if they were just released yesterday. I think that it was a company called “Hip-ho” that did the compact disk too I am also thankful that this album does not have any remixes on it, since I am not usually very fond of modern remixes for some of these older songs of different genres.

Some popular Gladys Knight songs that I am familiar with that are on the CD are songs such as “Every Beat of My Heart”, “I Heard It Through the Grapevine”, “If I Were Your Woman”, “Midnight Train to Georgia”, “The Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me”, and a certain song that I had never ever knew Gladys Knight ...

• Gladys Knight and the Pips Essential Collection Album
      sung called “Hero (Wing Beneath My Wings).”

Perhaps I am the only one who has a problem with this too, maybe because I do not have a love for soul music; but I have found that listenning to the album can get quite boring after a while.

I guess the entire album would have been a bit more interesting too had there

been a booklet in the case they it had came in that told of the origin of Gladys Knight and the Pips abd the ispiration of each song on the album especially for people like me who do not know much about Gladys Knight and the Pips too.

Nevertheless I still recommend the essential collection album to all Gladys Knight and the Pips fans.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 144101285071231/k2311a104/10.4.10