Probios Dog Treats, Digestion Support, Peanut Butter Flavor  » Pets  »
  • I have the philosophy that I don't eat a $30 meal, or even a week's worth of meals for $30, so I'm not going to invest that kind of money in a bag of dog food, and I just bought the store brand dog food at the store that cost a fraction of that and would last a month for this dog
  • Unfortunately, my dog had a hard time adjusting to the change in food and his digestion was totally out of sync
  • I bought the Probios Dog Treats because it was supposed to help support digestion and regulate the dog and prevent upset stomachs and things like that
  • I thought for sure it would be worse for their teeth with how hard they were, and the treats were teeny so I didn't see how that would help with tooth problems as well either
  • Just after the first two or three days I noticed an incredible difference in his digestion

• by Anasuya

I have a friend who ended up needing to find a home for one of her dogs at the last minute, and I was actually looking to add a pet to our household, and I loved all her dogs and thought it would be perfect. I didn’t realize however that she had her dogs on a very strict kind of diet, giving them only a very expensive kind of dog food. I have the philosophy that I don’t eat a $30 meal, or even a week’s worth of meals for $30, so I’m not going to invest that kind of money in a bag of dog food, and I just bought the store brand dog food at the store that cost a fraction of that and would last a month for this dog. Unfortunately, my dog had a hard time adjusting

to the change in food and his digestion was totally out of sync. He was either having diarrhea or constipation, and I’d tried watering down the dried food, making it soggy and easier to digest, and adding other things to the food, but nothing seemed to work.

I bought the Probios Dog Treats because it was supposed to help support digestion and regulate the dog and prevent upset stomachs and things like that. It was a peanut butter flavor, and I certainly cant comment on how true to the taste it was, because I sure wasn’t going to try it, but my dog liked peanut butter, what dog doesn’t, so I figured it would work.

The pouch is resealable and the dog treats are nice and crunchy which is good for their teeth as well. He wasn’t a young dog when ...

• I got him, so I wanted to be sure I was trying to keep his teeth as healthy as possible because the breed is prone to teeth problems and gum disease if they don’t have bones to chew on regularly.

But these treats were almost too hard. It was amazing. I would probably have to use a lot of force to crumble them up myself, and I couldn’t imagine chewing them. I thought for sure it would be worse for their teeth with how hard they were, and the treats were teeny so I didn’t see how that would help with tooth problems as well either. But I still gave it a shot.

My dog did end up really liking the treats though. He had no problem taking to them, and I’d give him a few about an hour before I

fed him for the day, and he would scarf them right up, leaving not a single crumb behind. It wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t even chew them and just swallowed them whole. But the treats did work, and that’s all that really matters in the long run. Oral health was secondary, really, since my main concern was his digestion.

Just after the first two or three days I noticed an incredible difference in his digestion. He was going regularly, and never seemed to be constipated at all, and the diarrhea was finally a thing of the past. I was thrilled to see that this worked and I eventually got to ween him off of these treats and then he was fine with the new dog food I had put him on. These treats really worked for my dog and I loved them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 294101284881231/k2311a104/10.4.10