Kalorik Steam Press
  • I bought this Kalorik Steam Press before I tried the more convenient sprays and hand-held steamers
  • This was back when I had the room to have another appliance at my disposal, and I bought it because ironing is one of my least favorite chores but it's a necessary evil since more than half of all my clothes require an ironing before they can be worn, even if they are pulled straight out of the dryer
  • If you have the room though then I would really recommend getting one of these

• by Anasuya

I bought this Kalorik Steam Press before I tried the more convenient sprays and hand-held steamers. This was back when I had the room to have another appliance at my disposal, and I bought it because ironing is one of my least favorite chores but it’s a necessary evil since more than half of all my clothes require an ironing before they can be worn, even if they are pulled straight out of the dryer. I work in a professional environment and the only thing I can wear is blouses and button up shirts that usually need to be ironed and I was hoping that this Kalorik Steam Press would help save me some time. Plus I’m just really not that good at ironing anyway because I hate it and I try to cut corners.

This steam press is pretty much like a counter-top or table-top appliance. It’s

34 inches by 11 inches of press surface. It even has a computer controlled LED and you can choose your heat selections via the screen. There is a safety feature on it that I really liked that you don’t find with a lot of irons these days, and that’s that it has a shut off when there’s no movement detected. You can store it upright so that it doesn’t take up a lot of room. Imagine two regular countertop ironing boards and you’ll have an idea as to the size of this piece of equipment. And it really is like a piece of equipment too. It’s not some flightly little ironing board and then a seperate iron to worry about. It’s an all in one kind of contraption.

When I had the space to have this and wasn’t living in a much smaller two bedroom apartment, I was ...

• all over this thing and it really made the whole idea of ironing my clothes so much nicer and even enjoyable. There’s a tank that you fill with water, and even when it’s stored upright, you don’t have to empty the tank. When I used to have an iron, I can’t count the number of times the iron would get knocked over, and it still had water in it, and it would spill everywhere, and I didn’t have to worry about this because I’d never had this board fall over when it was stored upright. It’s very sturdy.

All you do is place the clothing over the board and close the lid and the steam pretty much does the job for you. Then you lift the lid and your clothes are ready to go. It really felt like I had a dry cleaners appliances right in my own

home and it was so easy to use and got me the same results as if I’d spent ten minutes ironing a shirt when it’s always been so awkward for me to do it.

You can just plug it in, and there are all kinds of heat settings based on what kind of fabric you have. And if you need a little extra something, you can hit a single button and a burst of steam will be released and that’s usually all it takes on difficult wrinkles. I never even had to use starch when I had this. If I still had the room, I’d never have parted with this thing, because I loved it, but now I’ve moved on to hand-held steamers which are so much easier and don’t require a board. If you have the room though then I would really recommend getting one of these.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 534101284821131/k2311a104/10.4.10