Smile’s PRID Drawing Salve
  • Okay so I know that's like the most disgusting thing anyone can think of to talk about, but I guess if I'm going to be reviewing a product that is a drawing salve, it might just be a necessity to explain why I needed it
  • The only real problem is that this drawing salve smells really very bad, almost as bad as a broken boil would smell

• by Anasuya

I don’t even know what the name of this product even means, but that’s okay as long as it works I guess. Smile’s is the name of the company that creates the PRID Drawing Salve. And of course I was kidding just a bit about not understanding the name. A drawing salve is good for pulling impurities out of the skin and that’s what I needed this one, not to mention that it’s natural and has homeopathic ingredients in it.

This was a couple years ago, but I was experiencing a pretty unusually hot summer and without air conditioning, this is just the prime condition for some unfavorable things to pop up. Things like boils. Okay so I know that’s like the most disgusting thing anyone can think of to talk about,

but I guess if I’m going to be reviewing a product that is a drawing salve, it might just be a necessity to explain why I needed it.

Because of the hot weather, and the sweaty conditions, I had what I originally thought was just a pimple on the back of my leg, but it ended up becoming a boil after another two very painful weeks. I could tell it was more than a pimple or blemish at that point but I’ll spare you all the joy of reading about those kinds of specifics. Suffice it to say that it wasn’t pretty.

The Smile’s PRID Drawing Salve is easy to apply. It’s very thick, almost like a slightly gooey soap. And once you’ve put some on then you can just just cover ...

• it up with a bandage of some sort and let it do its thing.

Since you’re supposed to change it daily, I let it be until it was time to reapply and by that time, the redness had already reduced quite a lot. I was expecting to see something that looked angry and red and irritated, and to feel it as incredibly painful, but even the pain of it had gone down as well.

Within just a couple days, it was already healing up, because all the pus, which I know is gross, was drawn out of it and it was left to simply heal after that. I expected that maybe it would burst open, which is didn’t do, and instead it just quietly went away on its own, with a little

help from the drawing salve of course, and within about four or five days it seemed to be almost gone entirely, and not just reduced redness and swelling. The only real problem is that this drawing salve smells really very bad, almost as bad as a broken boil would smell. So maybe that was carrying it a little too far in the way of descriptive analogies, but it’s not far off from the truth because this salve smelled worse than most bad-smelling things I’ve encountered. But, you just have to put up with it for a few days and then the problems are gone completely. It’s also a really good salve for cuts and scrapes as well, but I’m not sure the smell of it would be worth it for something as simple as a scrape.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 344101284751131/k2311a104/10.4.10