‘Keg on My Coffin’, a song by The Push Stars  » Movies  »
  • I enjoyed, and still do, the guitar melodies that put this song somewhere between being considered pop and being considered a folk song
  • This song has definitely made its way into the arrangements for my funeral plan, when the time comes
  • Although dealing with the issue of death, both the singer's voice and the guitar melody are uplifting
  • I think that part of the reason that I love this song is because it takes a sad situation and leads into something positive

• by Zoey7879

The year 2004 was a great year for awesome music. It was also the same year that I become aware of a relatively unknown, independent recording group known as The Push Stars. Their song ‘Keg on the Coffin’ was receiving extensive radio play on Alabama airwaves by indie recording shows.

‘Keg On My Coffin’, although the title possibly suggests a country song is instead a pop song. The only instrument to perform through the entire song is the acoustic guitar. The soft, but upbeat melody brings about images of love and sun filled afternoons, soaking

the sun at a picnic with their loved ones. I enjoyed, and still do, the guitar melodies that put this song somewhere between being considered pop and being considered a folk song.

The lyrics speak of the heavy subject of death in a very lightening manner. The narrator is bidding his friends farewell, after his death; basically asking them to celebrate his life by having a beer party where pizza is being served and the keg are propped up on his coffin.

I didn’t know what to make of the song the first time that I ...

• heard it, but I knew when I was finally able to pay attention to the lyrics that it was a special song. It was inspirational, and inspired me to take a look at my own life. It taught me to better embrace this life while we still have a chance.

This song has definitely made its way into the arrangements for my funeral plan, when the time comes. It’s refreshing to hear a song that isn’t oozing violence, sex, and drugs. Although dealing with the issue of death, both the singer’s voice and the

guitar melody are uplifting. I greatly enjoy hearing this song, each and every time that I hear those first few opening notes flutter into my ears. The lyrics are especially clever, and my favorite line mentions having a fun and festive Loser’s Day Parade for all of the narrator’s surviving friends and family, as well as asking that they don’t remain in a state of sorrow for long as they would meet again soon.

I think that part of the reason that I love this song is because it takes a sad situation and leads into something positive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 114101284611131/k2311a104/10.4.10