Cococare Cocoa Butter Cream
  • Being on a tight budget, I looked for a good product that didn’t cost too much
  • I found that when I put it on my hands, it did have a buttery, rich consistency
  • One thing I noticed about the cream that I did not care for was that if you apply multiple coats, eventually there will be some waxy substance that builds up on your skin
  • I would imagine this is a natural characteristic of the cocoa butter itself, and not a problem with the brand or the product
  • I do however, give it a fairly high rating for its ability to heal dry skin, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it to a chocolate lover or anyone with dry skin

• by reviewabit

After some serious spring cleaning, my hands were in desperate need of moisturizing and repairing care. Being on a tight budget, I looked for a good product that didn’t cost too much. A lady at the pharmacy counter recommended Coco Butter Cream made by Cococare.

I figured with a name like Cococare, they probably knew what they were doing with cocoa butter, and the words “the yellow one” printed on the front of the jar gave me a sense that this was a classic, well known product, even though I was not really familiar with it. When I got home and opened the jar, at first

I did not know whether to put it on my hands or eat it.

It smells like chocolate! I don’t think it is intentionally fragranced that way, but rather the smell is a natural by-product of the cocoa ingredient. While I do love chocolate, it is not generally a scent I would wear on my body.

The cream was a pale, creamy yellow color and looked pretty thick. I found that when I put it on my hands, it did have a buttery, rich consistency.

It was quite a different feel from other creams I had used. It was not greasy.

It absorbed rather quickly, and ...

• left what felt like a protective soft wax on my skin. Knowing how moisturizers work, I knew this was a good thing, as it would hold in natural moisture and oils and help to heal my hands.

I also knew that cocoa butter has been used for generations for healing dry skin. On reading the jar more closely, I saw it was recommended for all over use, so I put the chocolately-smelling stuff on my arms and legs as well.

It did feel soothing, especially for an inexpensive product. One thing I noticed about the cream that I did not care for was that if you

apply multiple coats, eventually there will be some waxy substance that builds up on your skin.

And once it is on there, it is rather difficult to get off without using soap and water. I would imagine this is a natural characteristic of the cocoa butter itself, and not a problem with the brand or the product.

Because it smells of chocolate, which would definitely clash with my cologne, I do not often use this product. I do however, give it a fairly high rating for its ability to heal dry skin, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it to a chocolate lover or anyone with dry skin.

Cococare Cocoa Butter Cream

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343101284090531/k2311a103/10.3.10