Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls: Ham
  • Still, I think it may be one of the problems in that this food seems to stick together to the point of unpleasantness
  • Overall, I enjoyed the Ham breakfast bowl to a point

• by Orrymain

I just recently wrote a review about another variety of the Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls. It was for sausage. It was horrid, and it really has turned me off of this product, even though I do like and trust the Jimmy Dean brand overall. Even though this Ham variety was better, I still feel the same way. There’s just something nasty about how these breakfast bowls are turning out these
      days.

When the product first came out, they were better. It makes me wonder if something has changed in the processing that has altered the taste and texture of the product.

The Ham variety consists of eggs, potatoes, ham and cheddar cheese. Here is my take on each ingredient:

eggs — the eggs were better in this bowl than the sausage one. However, they still tended to stick together creating a more glob like ...

• substance.

potatoes — the potatoes were small, square shaped pieces that cooked inconsistently. Some were pretty tasty while others weren’t quite there.

ham — the ham was okay. It had accumulated to one spot, though, and it was hard to stir it to mix it up with the other ingredients.

cheddar cheese — the cheese wasn’t as intrusive with this Ham variety as it was with the sausage. Still, I think it may be one of the problems in that this food seems to stick together to the point of unpleasantness.

Overall, I enjoyed the Ham breakfast bowl to a point. I must admit I approached it from a guarded angle, but it was okay. The food still stuck together too much and even to the bottom of the tray, and that’s even with stirring it per the directions in the preparation.

I just don’t think it’s worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273101284000531/k2311a103/10.3.10