Bel Air’s Capitol Sandwich  » Food  »
  • I don't like overcooked items, especially bread like this
  • I've always enjoyed this style of ham, especially when it is sliced then and fresh
  • Now I don't like pickles, so I had them keep that out of my sandwich

• by Orrymain

Bel Air’s Capitol Sandwich had some good and bad points to it. This is one of the chain’s products that is available in their deli department, and I was looking forward to because of the ingredients.

However, right off the bat, I was really turned off because the bun was way over grilled. In fact, it was visibly black all over. I don’t like overcooked items, especially bread like this. It made

me lose my appetite and even question if I wanted to eat the product at all.

That said, what I did love was the volume of the meats on the sandwich. There weren’t just one, two, or even three slices, but this deli feast was hammered full of Virgina ham and turkey. It certainly made the Capitol Sandwich a filling lunch for me.

The Virginia ham was perfect. I’ve always enjoyed this style of ...

• ham, especially when it is sliced then and fresh. I was completely happy with it.

Likewise, the brown roasted turkey was a real treat. I have a special fondness for good tasting turkey, and brown roasted is among my favorite flavor options. It was terrific.

For me, when you combine two terrific meats like ham and turkey, life is good. These mounds of meats was just awesome and well worth the $4.99 price

tag that the Capitol Sandwich commands.

Also on the sandwich is chipotle sauce, Swiss cheese, and pickles. Now I don’t like pickles, so I had them keep that out of my sandwich.

The French roll I can’t really judge for taste because of what I said earlier — it was over grilled and that was a huge bummer.

I will get the Capitol Sandwich again, but the next time, I plan to make sure they don’t overcook it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273101283910531/k2311a103/10.3.10