Raising Hope: Pilot TV Show  » TV  »
2.5
  • To be honest, I don't like today's comedies, but I thought maybe I should give a few a chance and thus I tuned in to this disaster
  • I'd say I was disappointed, but that is what today's sitcoms are like, and I think that it is a shame
  • I'll probably give this one another shot because it straightened up enough to have a couple of interesting moments

• by Orrymain

The comedy program Raising Hope aired its pilot episode in mid September. To be honest, I don’t like today’s comedies, but I thought maybe I should give a few a chance and thus I tuned in to this disaster.

The first scene with the lawn work and pool maintenance looked like it might be funny, but it didn’t take too long before that scene turned off color. I was very

disinterested and turned off. I’d say I was disappointed, but that is what today’s sitcoms are like, and I think that it is a shame.

This show lost me before the opening credits were done. I just didn’t care, but I resolved to stick it out for the duration.

Cloris Leachman plays the great grandmother, but she’s not funny, she’s tacky. It’s a waste of her talents.

In the end, a ...

• young man ends up a dad after having a night of sex with a woman who turned out to be a murderer. She is executed after the baby is born. That’s a nice way for a comedy to begin, right?

I did enjoy the song that was sung by the grandparents to the infant. That singing was nice.

I’ll probably give this one another shot because it straightened up enough

to have a couple of interesting moments; however, I don’t see it really lasting the term.

The series stars Lucas Neff and Martha Plimpton, who has the meaty role of the baby’s grandmother. She’s all attitude, referring to the baby as ‘it’.

There’s too much stale comedy that doesn’t work for me, but it does sometimes take a while to work out the kinks. So, we’ll see what the jury says.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103101283690431/k2311a103/10.3.10