Hellcats: Beale St. After Dark TV Show  » TV  »
  • I'm actually surprised at how much I'm liking this show, but the acting has been surprising and the plots have been more interesting than I had anticipated
  • The team's funding for regionals is re-allocated to the volleyball team in some political wrangling, which is plenty believable, and Alice thinks she is the one to help solve the problem
  • This was long overdue and helped to take the show beyond usual and boring melodrama
  • I thought that was ingenious and it really perked me up while watching it
  • The Marti character is really growing, but at the same time, I don't like that she is almost going too much the other way in her friendships and loyalty to the cheerleaders

• by Orrymain

Hellcats: Beale St. After Dark was a pretty good next episode for this television series. I’m actually surprised at how much I’m liking this show, but the acting has been surprising and the plots have been more interesting than I had anticipated.

In this hour, law student Marti, who has become a cheerleader in order to get a scholarship, is in the middle as usual when cheerleader Alice wants her

spot back on the team. The team’s funding for regionals is re-allocated to the volleyball team in some political wrangling, which is plenty believable, and Alice thinks she is the one to help solve the problem.

Ashley Tisdale is such a delight as the not so obvious cheerleader, Savannah Monroe. We’ve seen that there is much more to her character than what we first imagined. In this show, she ...

• is nervous about her date with Dan and makes Marti go with her, which will create other problems for Marti later.

Sharon Leal plays the cheerleading coach, Vanessa Lodge, who finally tells her fiance about her history with the coach. This was long overdue and helped to take the show beyond usual and boring melodrama.

I really loved the bit with the law instructor. He is starting a law clinic

and gives the students a challenge that turns out to have its roots in Star Trek. I thought that was ingenious and it really perked me up while watching it.

The Marti character is really growing, but at the same time, I don’t like that she is almost going too much the other way in her friendships and loyalty to the cheerleaders. There needs to be a middle ground.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 103101283660431/k2311a103/10.3.10